Bedding and free floating?

Jdrivsd619

Train Hard. Hunt Harder.
Feb 6, 2015
Jamul
I was curious if its really worth it to bed your rifle lug with the stock? Also my barrel is not free floating, might it help overall accuracy and consitency to bed and or float barrel (by shaving stock down)?

Rifle is a Weatherby Vanguard S2

Can shoot 1" if i do my part

If you can shoot 1" groups your fine. bedding your lugs & stock might get you another.125" & that's a might. If you barrel didn't come free floating, Then don't float it. Now if you purchased a custom stock, I would bed the lugs & possibly the stock if I wasn't going to have it Free floating.

Thanks for the reply, I might bed the recoil lug.... but good call on the barrel floating....

I have been looking around and found the MDT LSS chassis that will work with my rifle and I'm considering throwing one on it to cut some weight and possible improve accuracy with the bedded pillars and floating barrel....

Idk i love working on my rifles and trying to upgrade them and split hairs :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu