Beginner Gear Question

I've been planning on going the First Lite route, but haven't been able to pull the trigger on deciding between that, Kuiu and Sitka. Been wanting to try it on before I put down that much dough for clothes.

MJB said:
Yep it ain't cheap

But.......it's fit, function & durability is like no other. Never a sweat issue everything fits an athletic body type perfect. It moves with you pockets that make sense. Zippers & snaps that are silent. Tons of options for warmth & cool down, less stink and the stuff last forever but doesn't shrink.

At least try some stuff on buy the pants and give it a try
+1
P.S. Turtleskinz gaiters are very comfortable even when it's hot out. Weakest link is the zipper (see reviews) and don't believe them when they claim they're reversible because they're not. But they're lightweight, breathable and snakebite-proof.

I bought some 16" Rocky Prolight #1570 boots several years ago. They are extremely comfortable, light and cool. I wear them all day with no problems or issues whatsoever. I would definitely recommend them to you.

White Smoke said:
I bought some 16" Rocky Prolight #1570 boots several years ago. They are extremely comfortable, light and cool. I wear them all day with no problems or issues whatsoever. I would definitely recommend them to you.

Picked up the 16" Rocky Lynx boots - they're very comfortable. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll be wearing them on a hike this weekend to break them in. :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu