Beginner's Guide to Duck Hunting

And he forgot that you have to use copious amounts of face paint. Even better if it's applied in a pattern similar to the Ultimate Warrior or Gene Simmons.

Great read. Thank you. I am in Ventura Co. Is the closest duck hunting to me in Bakersfield?
In the simplest of words, ducks are where you find them.

The Santa Clara River near you has been hunted for centuries. You would just need to find legal access. There are two duck clubs near you as well. One on Pt Mugu and another fairly prestigious club called Ventura County Game Reserve. That later is not cheap and was once the chosen club of Hollywood celebrities, John Wayne being one of them.

Bakersfield could be a good general start, but the furthest south real duck hunting in the San Joaquin Valley starts around Kern NWR and this year it could be pretty good.

South is an option as well. Imperial Valley is a great start.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good read...at the young age of 58 lol . duck hunting is the only game i have not tried . since i work and temporary live in woodland (lots of duck and geese ) i'am getting tempted to do it ....just need a little bit of pushhhh .

In the simplest of words, ducks are where you find them.

The Santa Clara River near you has been hunted for centuries. You would just need to find legal access. There are two duck clubs near you as well. One on Pt Mugu and another fairly prestigious club called Ventura County Game Reserve. That later is not cheap and was once the chosen club of Hollywood celebrities, John Wayne being one of them.

Bakersfield could be a good general start, but the furthest south real duck hunting in the San Joaquin Valley starts around Kern NWR and this year it could be pretty good.

South is an option as well. Imperial Valley is a great start.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info. I am familiar with the game preserve but its not looking like I will be able to afford that anytime soon! Or get on the base for that matter. I was under the impression the river was off limits per the county?

Thank you for the info. I am familiar with the game preserve but its not looking like I will be able to afford that anytime soon! Or get on the base for that matter. I was under the impression the river was off limits per the county?

Most rivers are public domain......It's getting access to the rivers that is the problem.

Eric,

Here's what your missing........lol

.kern 2010 022.JPG henshaw 1-29-11 023.JPG wister-12-10-11 001.JPG henshaw 12-1-12 004.JPG 145.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu