Bench project.

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
Bench project. My wife uncle said he had another bench if we wanted it. He made one for her many years back. had I know the conditions it was in I would have passed. Very unlike him to let his work get intoResized_20220913_071522.jpeg such bad shape, but he is 87 and his wife passed about a year ago, this one was hers. He has made several cracker box boat and speed boats which his son raced. He also built sail boats, canoes, row boats, even built a biplane. Here I what I picked up and after many hours of work, here is what I just finished today. Completely took it apart, and went to work. The only wood I had to replace was the center arm rest, dry rot. It has six coats of McCloskeys Marine varnish with sanding between each coat. I'm very happy with how it came out.

Attachments

• Resized_20220928_111916.jpeg
    Resized_20220928_111916.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 25
Need one for the back of my truck!! Money is no object...mama works over time...I just hunt...she's damn lucky to have me..

Reactions: ilovesprig
I sure hope she appreciates the sacrifices you make when you have to enter Cal.
I be there next Thursday for an ungodly amount of time..getting my rash back just thinking about it....uggh..

Spent almost thirty years in commercial wood working. Everything from hands on to executive management, Most of it in non artisan commercial work. Got into it when I was young in junior high because I loved the look of the grain in wood and how it finished out and how to fabricate something that folks would ask " how did you do that ? " Love the look of the second piece with the mixture of old stained graIMG_0347.JPGin and new. Great job, Congrats. Did Euro mount for NBK yeras ago. Have a look..

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 11
Not going to lie...
The metal folding chair converted into a camp crapper is also nice!
I had several friends make snide comments about the potty chair, until they grabbed it and headed off into the woods, then it was great. One guy even took it and an outdoor life magazine and was gone for a half hour. At least it wasn't a Playboy mag.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawnandusk
Spent almost thirty years in commercial wood working. Everything from hands on to executive management, Most of it in non artisan commercial work. Got into it when I was young in junior high because I loved the look of the grain in wood and how it finished out and how to fabricate something that folks would ask " how did you do that ? " Love the look of the second piece with the mixture of old stained graView attachment 55932in and new. Great job, Congrats. Did Euro mount for NBK yeras ago. Have a look..
That really is nice looking wood. Perfect usage.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu