Benelli M2

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I picked up a pair of Benelli M2s this week one left handed 12ga for me and a 20ga for the boys. What are you thoughts? I wanted an SBE3 but they didn’t have one in left hand only the M2 and I really do t see a need for the 3.5” anymore.

Drew, I own a couple of m-2 super nineties that NBK encouraged me to buy back in the early nineties (along with him buying his two of them) Right after that we spent two seasons in Argentina (adding magazine extensions to increase the capacvity to seven rounds.) needless to say we knocked the snot out of the birds. He and I have used them with Kent bismuth up here after that and knocked geese out of the sky like no ones business up this way with bismuth. At one moment in time in Argentina we put down almost three hundred geese on the ground in one morning with bad quality lead. Beyond that we put the hurt on honkers with Kent 3"00 bismuth up here and if we did our job well nothing in the air or on the field left. Solid gun for sure but because it is aninertia driven weapon it slaps you. I still own mine and will probably never get rid of them just because if it works for me why do I change. Ask NBK what he thinks as he has moved on but I am still on board.

Reactions: sportyg and TRICER
Fred thanks for the feedback. I was looking for workhorses sounds like I got them. I wish my Argentina trip was that good. Those loads down there Really are terrible lol.

Drew,

I have the Benelli M-2 in Camo...I have shot everything from honkers to turkeys with it (Stefanie has killed many turkeys with it)...Great gun and you'll not be disappointed...As far as 3" vs 3 1/2"...Really no need these days with Kent Bismuth (honkers) or TSS for gobblers.

ps...I shoot steel 7's for dove and Kent 3" steel 3's for ducks.

.031.JPG

I think the "M" series 3" guns are one of the best made. I wore one out. I had two M1 Super 90's in 12 and one M2 in 20. I wasn't a huge fan of the 20 but the 12's were amazing. Only complaint is they pound your shoulder.

Reactions: TRICER
I think the "M" series 3" guns are one of the best made. I wore one out. I had two M1 Super 90's in 12 and one M2 in 20. I wasn't a huge fan of the 20 but the 12's were amazing. Only complaint is they pound your shoulder.
BTW not cheating on you this is part of that trade out I told you about.

I need to have you dig around and see what you have for 44mag reloading down at the shop. I was gonna stop by but figured it was probably a zoo down there this week.

Reactions: NBK
Drew,

I have the Benelli M-2 in Camo...I have shot everything from honkers to turkeys with it (Stefanie has killed many turkeys with it)...Great gun and you'll not be disappointed...As far as 3" vs 3 1/2"...Really no need these days with Kent Bismuth (honkers) or TSS for gobblers.

ps...I shoot steel 7's for dove and Kent 3" steel 3's for ducks.
Hopefully we will get the boys on some turkeys this year. No lack of trigger pull from either of them these days. What’s the turkey choke you are always raving about?

Hopefully we will get the boys on some turkeys this year. No lack of trigger pull from either of them these days. What’s the turkey choke you are always raving about?

Drew,

I rarely rave about any after market choke tube...I use a Primos Jellyhead in my SBE turkey gun and the M-2 20 uses the factory Benelli full with TSS 9's...40 yds

.014.JPG

Reactions: sportyg and TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu