Berger vs Barnes

spoonyshooter

Jul 5, 2013
El Cajon
What's your guys opinion which bullet has better long range accuracy and performance ?
shrapnel vs bullet retention what would you choose?

Barnes hands down. Shrapnel doesn't power through muscle and or bone and is not forgiving if a mistake is made.

BTW: What ranges (distance) are you professing? What's you're opinion?

I second John's answer 100%. Bullet material retention is mandatory for big game. You don't want a bullet that explodes or sheds mass unless you are varmint hunting. Barnes bullets are noted for their accuracy. I have used them for years and have always been 100% satisfied with the results. They work!

You would have to shoot both of them out of your gun to determine which one is most accurate. All guns shoot differently.
I like the controlled expansion of the Barnes for big game.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu