Best auto loader shotgun, skeet, small foul hunting around $700.00?

BROSEPHYOSEPH

Aug 22, 2012
In your opinion what is the best Auto loader shotgun for skeet, trap, small foul hunting? Looking at some Benellis, seem to be the most quality for the price.

Welcome to the board BROSEPHYOSEPH.

There are few autoloaders (new that is) that sell in the $700 price range. With that said, the bargain for a really nice Auto is the Beretta A300 Outlander. It is U.S. made for the exception of the barrel (made in Turkey). It is a Beretta that is priced fairly and it shoots. That would be my first choice in that price range.

BTW:

Benelli is owed by Beretta and they do not have a shotgun in that price range. They do not have an auto loader under $1000.

There is also the Beretta 3901 Which is also a US made gun and barrel made in Turkey. They come in both black synthetic and camo print

The Winchester SX3 Compact Field sells for around $700.00 but the rest of the SX3's are over a grand...

Thanks for the input,.
I think i have decided on the rem 11-87 sportsman field 12 guag. Nice looking gun, price range is right.

Thanks for the info above, it has helped me narrow down my next shotgun purchase. Random question though. Is there a better time of the year to buy a gun? Do you see more sales before hunting season, holidays, etc? With the recent gun craze I imagine that they probably won't have sales anytime soon. I haven't bought a gun since in over 10 years so I wasn't sure. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Fine Firearms gunssandiego.com has all of the Beretta's in stock. Also have Remington 1187's and 1100's in stock. Gun prices are generally not seasonal. Fine Firearms has not raised their prices.

Get in to Fine Firearms in La Mesa you WILL NOT go wrong. I've got 3 gun stores within 10 miles of me but after making multiple trips trying to get some info and assistance I was pretty frustrated. John at Fine Firearms was extremely helpful. So much so that I made the hour and fifteen minute trek to buy from them and I know plenty of others do too.

I cannot agree more about how awesome fine firearms is!! I've bought 2 shotguns, 2 pistols and am going tomorrow to pay off and wait 10 long days for my tikka t3 .270!! John and everyone in there have always been super helpful and nice and always very accommodating to my endless questions!! Buy your firearm there!!!

Winchester SX3 is a great gun... Also depending on how light you want to go. Franchi is putting out some great guns within the last year that are relatively inexpensive, reliable and light... I'm all about light guns when it comes to upland (ya, I'm a wuss.) But the difference in a 6-9 lb shotgun is a lot after a few miles.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu