Best binoculars for Safari

Pauljma

Mar 26, 2022
Hi there!! Can anyone tell me which kind of binoculars i should buy - there are so many kinds but i don't want to spend a fortune but I'm not sure what price range i would be looking at.

Thanks in advance for any help

You kind of left that wide open. Are you going on a hunting Safari or just a sight seeing type? Is this pretty much a one time use, or Are you a big game hunter, and plan on having them for a long time, if so what and where do you hunt? Prices run from cheap up to, damn that's a lot of $$$$. How much would you be interested in spending.?

If it’s a one-time safari then consider renting binos. For example, lensrentals.com (less than $100/week for top of the line). Also check with the safari guide. They may have a rental program.

Ask your guide/ph what magnification he recommends for where your hunting and then buy the best you can afford that fits that criteria.

Reactions: sportyg
I love my Celestron Nature DX 8x32, they are fantastic. Easy-twist, adjustable eyecups. Very lightweight model. Wide field of view.
For details you may check this article.
I would say that these Celestron have the vast majority of the top end of the market.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu