best deer hunting spots in california and why?

I've never hunted an X zone and probably never will but they are managed for quality bucks. They aren't over the counter tags though and may take a couple years or more to draw. If you live in the San Fernando Valley, why aren't you looking at these zones;
A-31- Los Angeles Archery Either Sex
D-11- Angeles Natl. Forest
D-14- San Bernardino Natl. Forest

There have been some very big bucks taken out of these areas. Just got to put in the effort. Bucks aren't chained to trees in the X zones. They get big but still require hunter effort.

Thanks guys i appreciate the help and suggestions. I just completely lost my main hunting partner. so for now i guess ill be going solo. If anyone is interested in meeting up at a range and shoot some and possibly set up some hunting trips id be so up for it..

I need a good place for badgers......

Harvest stats are located on the dfg web site. That can help you find your best odds :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu