Beyond Stupid!

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
Here is a an article I just came across. If the producers of this video are not brought up on charges then all us crazy gun toter's are in deep sh_ t !!! https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/monumentally-stupid-anti-gun-psa-urges-kids-to-105981246517.html

I saw this the yesturday. Absurd to ask kids to commit several felonys when they are safe at home. The kids doesn't even make it safe could be loaded it could go off on the bus. It's just ludakres in every way.

Wow, that's...unspeakable. Question for you all: how many of you who grew up with guns in your home ever felt unsafe with the gun in the house? Have any of you ever met somebody who stated that they felt unsafe with a gun in the house, having grown up with them? I'm not talking about someone who married someone who has them. I mean, they actually grew up around them, knew they were there, and felt unsafe. This isn't a rhetorical question- I am genuinely interested in the answer. I don't recall ever having met such a person, but I understand that my experience does not represent reality for everyone else.

My biased opinion is that people who don't grow up around firearms, and who aren't taught proper safety, will fear them because of how guns are portrayed in the media (violent killing machines which will kill you if you touch it). If knives were portrayed as such, and people grew up in homes without knives, they would probably be just as afraid of knives. But people who handle knives on a daily basis have no fear of them.

On the other hand, I do personally know a child who feels SAFER knowing that his father has firearms in the home to protect the family. I sincerely doubt that the producers of that video based it on the feelings or experiences of any child that they've ever met. I think it's contrived, and utterly nonsensical. We would probably save more lives by attempting to instill a fear of spoons into children, so they won't end up obese.

i grew up around guns ive never been afraid of them and ALWAYS felt safer with them in the house. My wife did not grow up around guns. her EX husband had 1 revolver in the house that she and her kids were told to be scared of. they were told guns were not safe but he kept it for "protection". of course it was locked in a box in the closet....ummm

she was freaked to know i kept guns in my house when we met. our 3rd date was to the range with 1911. she now loves them and feels safer knowing she and any of my kids can defend our household, or clear and make safe any gun they come accross.

I do agree with above.

Welcome to the dyslexic society where everything is completely opposite of common sense.
I don't know about the rest of the world but I for one would be afraid if I DID NOT have a gun in my home to protect my Family and myself. One more thing... an UNLOADED and locked up gun is about as useless as a spoon in a sinking boat.

Raised with guns in the house......In fact, back then guns were in wooden gun cabinets. Beautiful piece of furniture......I knew guns weren't toys and never touched them without my dad being around.

This is beyond stupid.....Surprised Obummer hasn't put his seal of approval on it.

Mom was kinda cute........

We all agree with the fact the video is absolutely false, and a scare tactic that hopefully will backfire in the makers face. The scary thing is some uninformed and uneducated people believe this to be gospel? We do live in a state where are the minority with our beliefs and we need to educate as many people as we can as stewards of the outdoor lifestyle.

I almost posted this yesterday! I had a kid bring a shotgun to school when I was there. Didn't end so well lol

Aquamaniac said:
Gotta wonder why they don't show the kid asking his mother about why she feels she needs a gun.

Then she would have to tell the kid about the restraining order she has on the kids dad for threatening to kill her.
"Fabricated BS". Then again so is the video.

Ok.... so a gun in the hands of hundreds of thousands if not millions of kids and expect them to bring them to school and just hand them over to the teachers? Yeah right. Disallusioned morons.

lets see you are a going no where fast film maker and you want to get noticed. Make a intentionally inflammatory video that will get the 2A folks bent out of shape.

we pretty much made her a rock star to the anti gun nuts, PROFIT!

I am thinking of doing a parody video oh her video. Have a kid find my pistol(with trigger lock installed) with a piano playing in the background. Then she goes to the local gun store and tells the guy behind the counter she does not feel safe at home with a 9mm in the house, Do you have anything in 45cal?

Aeon said:
...she goes to the local gun store and tells the guy behind the counter she does not feel safe at home with a 9mm in the house, Do you have anything in 45cal?
Haha I like it!

Aeon said:
lets see you are a going no where fast film maker and you want to get noticed. Make a intentionally inflammatory video that will get the 2A folks bent out of shape.

we pretty much made her a rock star to the anti gun nuts, PROFIT!

I am thinking of doing a parody video oh her video. Have a kid find my pistol(with trigger lock installed) with a piano playing in the background. Then she goes to the local gun store and tells the guy behind the counter she does not feel safe at home with a 9mm in the house, Do you have anything in 45cal?

Right on Bill...................DO IT!

Aquamaniac said:
Gotta wonder why they don't show the kid asking his mother about why she feels she needs a gun.
Your missing the point of the whole thing. Its telling kids to sneak it out of the house even though they know its wrong. Did you watch the vid? After he steals the gun, he lies on his bed and trips out because he is disobeying his parents. Then they make it look like he is going on a rampage but he doesn't. Instead he is getting rid of the gun because he is against owning guns. And if his parents can't do the right thing and help stop gun violence so he will be the responsible one. But what they didn't show is the next thing that happens is the teacher has no idea what to do because they don't teach gun safety in school, so she calls the police they send the swat team, 5 square miles around the school goes on lock down, the kid gets kicked out of school for ever and his dad goes to jail for child endangerment, and several lives are ruined.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu