Big bear lake

baboltin

Jan 1, 2014
I’m in big bear for the evening and fishing and was curious if anyone knew the area and where to fish this time of the year? I have never fished big bear. Any help would be great .

Only fished there once we just fished the shore infront of our cabin with power bait and we gots stringer of trout. It was around this time of year. I think it is cold enough up there that you can fish trout most of the year there.

I've had success on the North Shore just up from the dam. Couple places to park and scramble down to the lake. Turns out there is an original dam 100 yards or so east of the current dam. Makes for a high spot where the fish hang out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu