Big buck contest????

Can we do it on like go find me or something? Anyone have any ideas how we can do the Big Buck contest $20 a piece winner takes all? Lord Vador you down with letting us do a big buck contest on here if we all pitch in $20?

Can we do it on like go find me or something? Anyone have any ideas how we can do the Big Buck contest $20 a piece winner takes all? Lord Vador you down with letting us do a big buck contest on here if we all pitch in $20?

It will be your responsibility and the folks involved. SCH Outdoors is not sanctioning the event and does not assume any liabilities that may be incurred as a result of what you or the members personally put together.

Last edited:
Truduct I am just the underpaid IT staff. I say we all give me 20 bucks and I can take a vacation with my wives and 12 kids

Reactions: Macsteve
Truduct I am just the underpaid IT staff. I say we all give me 20 bucks and I can take a vacation with my wives and 12 kids

Sorry to have to tell you but your wife is prego with number 13.....

I tryed to resist but my inner Jedi is weak for married women

This will be my first year attempting to hunt deer, so my prospects for competing are slim, but Im willing to kick in $20 to participate and support the site. I have done quite a few events for my church and when you have people sign up for a free event, they are all excited when they sign up, but don't value it when the time comes. Having a nominal participation fee creates value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be my first year attempting to hunt deer, so my prospects for competing are slim, but Im willing to kick in $20 to participate and support the site. I have done quite a few events for my church and when you have people sign up for a free event, they are all excited when they sign up, but don't value it when the time comes. Having a nominal participation fee creates value.

To be clear, your $20 does not support the site. SCH has nothing to do with this. It just beefs up the winners pot between all you folks involved.

Ya this is going to be like an unsanctioned cage match. SCH has nothing to do with it which means that the owners of this site will be able to fully compete with no shame in winning. I am looking into a few options. It looks like everyone can use square pay which will track who sent in money. My only concern would be judging the winner. This will have to be a winner take all no matter the method of take contest obviously has to be legal. D Zone bucks only. I am no expert on judging deer how would You guys like to do it. We can get all the photos of bucks with tags and you in the picture and use the polling option the site offers to vote for the winner? If it is to close to call we will have to get together and compare the racks? I will do some research and get something posted up by the end of the week. Any and all input will be appreciated.

You better hurry and organize this Truduct. Season starts in a couple weeks for bow hunters. Anxious to see what prizes you'll have in the raffle....

probably should do a rack contest and then have some sort of tie breaker for multiple highest submissions (like 2 or 3 4x4)

probably should do a rack contest and then have some sort of tie breaker for multiple highest submissions (like 2 or 3 4x4)

That sounds like a great idea. Or maybe have an official measure and score them?? It's always better when it's down to a tie breaker!

LP, I think you may have something here! Break it wide open! X zones would slaughter but it would be cool to see some blacktails too! I don't know anything about organizing an event like this so I'll just leave it up to Truduct.

Why limit it to just D zones ? Open it up.

I just figure keep it in So Cal. Would you guys rather it be a wide open tourney as long as you are a member of the site and you submit $20 you are in the contest no matter what state you hunt? I think limiting it to D zones or at least California would be fair. What if someone gets a strip Muley how is anyone in a D zone going to compete? Would you rather it be state wide?

As for judging that is something we will have to figure out obviously before the tourney starts in a few weeks. The judging is where I am unsure how were the bucks judged for the official Tourney in years past? I do know that you will need to submit a picture of your tagged deer, a picture of the tag, and a picture of you with it.

I can come up with a way to collect the funds probably pay pal or square cash and make a list of the entries. I will put the final list up before opening day. The cut off will probably have to be August 28 so I can have time to finalize the list.

I just don't want to be liable for a 3 ring circus. So we need to come up with a way to judge. I think having a tourney will be fun for all of us on the site but I want it to go smooth and uneventful.

The problem is, if me and my buddies lose, I'll say it was rigged.

Truduct, How many members do you think this site has. I haven't the slightest clue. This sounds challenging...

But you are right Truduct, this does sound like you could be liable if things go bad....

Whenever there is money involved, things can get ugly. You are more brave than I.

Truduct, have you contacted FFA or BnA to inquire anything about sponsoring the event or possible info? Best thing to do after working a deal is to collect the $ and immediately show proof of the transfer of cash to the stores for the prizes (even if its a gift card) and if they are willing, have them hold onto the prize.

Depending on participation, it could be split up between bow winner and rifle winner; should be all zones probably from LA county south and California only. Face it, nobody from san Francisco is going to drive down for a 1-150 area prize and your goal here is to promote some site sponsors and have some fun right?

IF I do it. The money is going to transfer into my pay pal account and then whoever wins is going to get the money transferred into there pay pal account. If done through pay pal I will be able to track who actually paid. I would only open the contest up to guys on the site and the more I think about it it will only be the D zones to stop any controversy. It has to be a friendly tournament like a bunch of buddies getting together for a tourney. Maybe even limit it to 20 entries so the winner would get $500. Who knows we might only have 10 of us sign up.
As for judging I think requiring a picture of a ruler or tape measure across the rack would be necessary. If it comes to a point where it is to close to call then we will have to bring the racks together and which ever is bigger gets the cash. I would be stoked for one of you guys to win i just don't want to do something that causes me a lot of headaches. Basically if you anticipate throwing a fit over the contest better that you don't enter because it is just for fun between a bunch of guys on this site.

should also have a forum tracker post to show entry and post result pics once bucks are submitted.

probably should make a new thread and see If you get participation count

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu