Binocular Suggestion

I’m perfectly happy with the power magnification Vortex binos. When it comes to higher magnification stuff I’m not that impressed. Seriously looking into getting the Swarovski 15x56 currently.

Funny in the old days I use to spot deer with my eyes first, now I going blind lol. So ya I need optics...
70%-80% of my kills were spotted up to 250 yards or less.

The small number of kills I've made so far, you don't even need binos there. But... you're at the mercy of their whim to care to stroll by that location... so it may take several outings and mutiple days and literally waiting virtually all day motionless. And with the shenanigans last year of them closing off the road that gets me to the beginning of the hike in, I've been committed to the idea of learning to use Binos more heavily as I seek out different locations to add into the portfolio.

With the rains... I foresee my honey hole providing me with an opportunity this year earlier rather than later. But if it doesn't produce opportunities in that first week I take off as PTO. This time I want to be ready and have at least a couple of other possible spots I can try that rely more on spotting at distance and long-shots, rather than patience and heat-tolerance.

Reactions: Goyaałé
Yes yes times have changed.
Out here at east county I use to see deer every where. I have pictures of
Harbison Canyon, were I grew up, and hunted around there and Alpine. It was all woods back then
No houses or development..
Now with fire roads closed and not allow to Jeep in. It's a whole different ball game for public land.
Unless one is smart like Ilovesprig and is allowed to hunt private property.
Basically I have notice it takes
Days in the woods, and lots of scanning . Problem is it's a very physical demanding form of hunting.
Man you really have to be fit.

Reactions: Goyaałé
I’m perfectly happy with the power magnification Vortex binos. When it comes to higher magnification stuff I’m not that impressed. Seriously looking into getting the Swarovski 15x56 currently.

Have you done a side-by-side comparo between those and the Vultures or those the the Kaibab's?
And do you really see a huge, right-a-way kind of difference?
..OR...
What are the little qualities about the Swaros that put it over-the-top for you when doing a side-by-side comparo?

I'm just trying to get a frame of reference here, because it's very intriguing to me that you say "unimpressed".

Kinda thing that piques my curiosity to look thru a pair of that SLC 15's

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu