Binocular Suggestion

Moonshine

Sep 15, 2017
Florida
I am going to buy a new binocular. And I want to use that for birding. I have selected two choices from this list https://opticsaddict.com/birding-binoculars/ which are Zeiss Conquest Binoculars and Bushnell Trophy Binocular. Which one do you suggest me to buy? And which one has better overall quality? The prices of them are not my consideration.
Thanks in advance.

I don't always go birding, but when I do, I have a shotgun in my hand.... :blush:

ps....Zeiss Conquest, but you should really look at the Vortex glass for the money....2 cents.

Reactions: Smokey58 and TRICER
In the optics world, the price tag can pretty much be considered a measure of quality when comparing two different products. For the most part the big three euro brands (Zeiss, Swarovski and Leica) are king of the hill. Vortex and Kowa are two brands to consider that are making excellent products at a more affordable price point.

Reactions: KoozeDeer
For birding, do you handhold exclusively? If tripod is Ok for you... I can't say enough good things about the Vortex Vultures HD 15x56 I recently bought.

My dad has HD vortex, and they can’t hold a candle to my Swaros... it’s tough to justify that kind of money I know. But spending hours and hours glassing. You really need to consider the high end glass like Ziess or Swaro

Well... I was glassing in the rain, and had a great time watching this buck for 2+ hrs in Velvet at about 300yds with the Vultures.

And also, out in D11 on backside of it looking across ridge to ridge... I then realized I could see the backdrop... down into the outskirts of Palmdale... it was a trip to be able to make out all the cars in a dept store parking lot.... 7 miles away.

I fought for years buying the best glass available...Then a close friends said he would sell some glass that he had got a great deal on (didn't ask how)...That glass was Swarovski 10x42 EL's...Best INVESTMENT I've ever made.

I have Vortex, Nikon, and Bushnell glass...And have a pair in each of my trucks...But nothing compares to the EL's.

Great deal...

Reactions: sherpa and Zak
Call camera land NY.....they can tell you which glass is better.
Last time I looked a few years back some Ziess were made in Japan. Manufacturing changes at the drop of a hat so check first.

Swarovski and Leica are still the best (this can be validated on any serious birding forum). But if you don't want to spend the money, the new 2019 Vortex UDH Razor is amazing...amazing. In fact, they are so close to the others now, its scary!

Come down to Fine Firearms and compare the different binos with "your eyes". Something the internet and Camera Land can't do for you. Pricing is all internet MAP matched so the deal is the same. There are some tricks where you can see which glass has the best color separation, what lenses add colors etc. All shown and explained at this local shop.

I’ve used a variety of brands. Swarovski is the the best. Just bought a pair of 15’s after using my 10’s for 4 seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with NBK. Vortex stepped up their game with their new UHD Razors since they moved over to the Abbe-Koenig prism, but if you are looking to stay at $1000 I would seriously consider Maven's B2. They use same prism that the new UHD's but for a better price (especially if you keep the demo's).

I am different from many on here because believe that a Zeiss Victory is better than a Swaro SLC or EL... but I am not a fan of their Conquest. I haven't checked out the Bushnell to give any credible insight.

Good suggestions and comments here already, but I would suggest looking into Meopta optics as well.

I agree with NBK. Vortex stepped up their game with their new UHD Razors since they moved over to the Abbe-Koenig prism, but if you are looking to stay at $1000 I would seriously consider Maven's B2. They use same prism that the new UHD's but for a better price (especially if you keep the demo's).

I am different from many on here because believe that a Zeiss Victory is better than a Swaro SLC or EL... but I am not a fan of their Conquest. I haven't checked out the Bushnell to give any credible insight.

Jake,

I was very impressed with your Mavens.. super clear glass. Still need to pick up a pair but this SBE3 has set me back a bit lol...

Reactions: MAG 1
I bought my swaro 15s in the fall of 2017. They have been responsible for 7 big game kills since then. Not to mention finding countless animals. PETA should fight to outlaw swaros.
Until you use them you will never understand.

Why must you Taunt me SOO!!! That last line is the clincher "Until you use them you will never understand."

Sigh... got a minimum 2 years before I can even consider it. Hopefully with any luck I'll be able to "make due" with the Vultures until the Gods of Vision can take my tithings and bless me in return!

I fought for years buying the best glass available...Then a close friends said he would sell some glass that he had got a great deal on (didn't ask how)...That glass was Swarovski 10x42 EL's...Best INVESTMENT I've ever made.

I have Vortex, Nikon, and Bushnell glass...And have a pair in each of my trucks...But nothing compares to the EL's.

Great deal...

Ditto on the Swarovskis I’ve had mine for over 10 years, wouldn’t be with them on the tri pod or hand held

I've been a glass snob guy for years. No B.S if you have the budget its either Leica or Swarovski and high quality tripods if you live in and hunt the west. My pick for tripods is the Outdoor'sman brand because of the options and weight if you walk with optics. There are more stable tripods but you pay a weight price. Buy once and cry once as the saying goes. P.s. The Swarovski BTX spotter is a game changer as far as long range glassing goes if you can afford it and the accessories (Don't scrimp on the BTK accessories if you buy into the system) in that direction with good bino's as well you will be set for life.

Oh boy....bino talk..good stuff fellas!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu