Binoculars

wheels

Mar 1, 2011
East County, Ca
sdcvc.com
What ones do you use? I have used a range finder and bino separately but oh who I would like to combine them.

I know there are some really expensive glasses out there and I know that it really does help. But what about people that really wont be able to afford that expense. Is there something that will also do the job well but maybe half the cost of those expensive Swarovski that are way out of many people budget.

Also what is your recommended range 10x42 or what ????

I use leupold rouge 8x50 binos there a $100 bucks there good binos top of my budget lol i can spot deer at 800+ yards with them though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using a set of Nikons for a quite a few years.
They've held up well and are still working fine.
I have a Bushnell Chuck Adams rangefinder that replaced a Nikon one I had.
The Nikon rangefinder's button was really hard to press down and a lot of times when it was cold, I had to use two hands to push it.

Robert - Fine Firearms has the Leupold Northfork 8.5x45mm Black Binoculars that retailed for $800 +. They are in stock and sell for $399 and with your "first responder" discount they are $360. There are 5 pairs left and when they are gone - they are gone.

A little marketing plug - These are Lungpopper endorsed Binos. The very same bino that the famous SCH hunter uses to bag some of the biggest bucks in So Ca. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

All kidding aside - I think they are the best glass under $1K

Attachments

• leupold-northfork-85x45-binoculars.jpg
    leupold-northfork-85x45-binoculars.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 92
I have Leupold Mojave 12x50 binocs which I really love. John was not at FF the day I went shopping there, so I never got the word on the LP-endorsed model till it was too late. ::)
I shopped around a bit and the Leupolds have such great glass. the wide angle and optics are great in low light, though mine are a little heavy. I didn't want to spend for a built-in rangefinder, and anyway I like using the mil dot scale in my rifle scope (Nikon Buckmasters with mil dot rangefinder at 12.5x) for actual rangefinding. So I figured using the same mag as the mag for rangefinding in my rifle scope would be useful. Don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me... :)

Spend as much on your glass as you do your gun, if you cant find it you cant kill it. Set a budget and spend as much as you can afford , expensive glass is better than cheap glass' your ability to spot game because of better resolution in the image and also to reduce eye fatigue will lead to finding more game.

I use the ff north forks for 2 seasons. Best glass for the price available. Better than my partners viper hds . Best lowlight binocular I've used. Also check out the Bushnell elite lmss spotting. This thing is the cats meow. Also purchased at fine firearms. John is a glass guru and WILL NOT lead you in the wrong direction. Trust me I've bought over 2k in glass from him and love every piece and the best price by far even online. Thanks for the bad @%$ glass john. Now stop thinking and go to ff before those are gone .period end of story.

I tired a bunch of em at bass pro. Hands down clearest binos there under 600$ were a pair of the vortex vipers. Way better then the nikons and leupolds. And the diamondbacks were very close to being just as clear.. I looked through the whole selection of binos and spotting scopes. Really wishing I didn't spend my money on Nikon awhile back now..

IMHO, the best glass available is Leica with everything else a distant second. The resolution, color separation and lack of flare produced by their lens coating technology is second to none. I have been lucky enough to look through pretty much the whole spectrum of glass and I keep coming back to the Leica's. I own Swarovski products as well and use them prodigiously but given time and finances It'll all be Leica in the end.

The glass game is becoming more competitive as technology is becoming diluted. There are a bunch of great products on the market currently. Leica is without a doubt still the leader but the pack behind Leica is closing the gap quickly!

I am also using the Leica 10x42 with rangefinder and have found it to be very useful especially when time is of the essence, They are a bit big compared to my other bino's that I used to wear (Leica 8x30's) but it has proved very handy when bumping animals and being able to evaluate and shoot quickly.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu