Bird Dog Scare

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
We had a scare with Maddie this weekend. Saturday we found a tumor on her left rear leg that came literally out of nowhere. By Sunday it had started to hemorrhage. Took her into Jamuk Animal Hospital first thing Monday morning and they had it removed within an hour. The Vet says he got it all out. We will get the biopsy results back Friday.

She is gonna be an office dog for a few weeks since she isn’t supposed to run or jump which is what she does all day every day. She has been a little stir crazy and every time I take her out for a walk she is pointing all of our resident shop dove in the planters. Looks like she is gonna be ok.

Pretty crazy the bond and love you develop for your bird dog after spending such long days in the field. Praying for good results and for it to not spread. Maddie is almost there so we have a lot more good hunting ahead of us.
B54B8185-E5C8-41B5-A240-8C4E7646B4B1.jpeg 73EC3575-0CFB-44B5-B088-748550054691.jpeg 5C30AC52-2DC9-4A19-BD18-F3DFE8F3190E.jpeg E00EF702-7126-4604-9FC3-18E0A05BD6C4.jpeg

Man that hits home as she looks a lot like my Gus. I'll pray she heals up quick.

got the results back yesterday. They came back as a parasite similar to ring worm. The vet said you could have given him 1,000 guesses and he never would have thought that. Bottom line is she is fine stinks we did surgery on it but better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Hollowpoint
That's good news because if it was a tumor more would probably being following. I am glad to hear she is okay and doing good. She sure is a pretty dog.

X2 on your statement Snake Charmer, I spend way too much on all of my hunting dogs lol.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu