Black Rhino Hunt Radio Segment

HuggyBear15

a complete n00b
Nov 28, 2015
Hi everyone,

My wife listens a lot to an NPR (I know, I know :p) program called RadioLab. For those that haven't listened to it before, it tends to use a pretty unique/kind of annoying way of presenting it's stories, which can take some getting used to. All the same, the wife heard a story on the gentleman who won the auction to hunt a black rhino in Africa in the last year or two, and shared it with me.

It was published in September, 2015, so it's not exactly new, but I figured I'd share it all the same as it approaches the idea of hunting as conservation with a lot of skepticism, but by the end of the segment, the hosts have mostly gotten onboard. If you have some family/friends that don't understand how hunting and conservation are related, it might be worth sharing; I know my wife's appreciation for their relationship increased greatly since listening to it.

Who knows, but here's a link to those who may be interested:

http://www.radiolab.org/story/rhino-hunter/

P. S. There's some language, especially toward the beginning, that probably isn't work or kid friendly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu