BLAZE ORANGE

I have a rule while hunting. If I hear bullets flying near or around me. Then I fire the standard warning shots to let you know that I am in the area. After that then the rounds come the direction that they were pointed near me.

• Wow
Reactions: ilovesprig
Last year we had an idiot looking at us through his scope. (I'm guessing he did not have binoculars.) We were waving our orange bandanas and hats and he kept doing it. I pointed my rifle in his direction and he got the message and left. Seriously scary. It's beyond me how stupid someone has to be to point a rifle at another hunter to ID them. (My heartrate went up about 20 bpms just typing that)

Last year we had an idiot looking at us through his scope. (I'm guessing he did not have binoculars.) We were waving our orange bandanas and hats and he kept doing it. I pointed my rifle in his direction and he got the message and left. Seriously scary. It's beyond me how stupid someone has to be to point a rifle at another hunter to ID them. (My heartrate went up about 20 bpms just typing that)
What about the stupids that turn the rifle 90 ° thinking that it is safe that way?

• Haha
Reactions: YETI and ilovesprig
as I recall I was wearing a red flannel shirt and an orange hat I still got shot at, VERIFY YOUR TARGET, fuck tart nearly killed me. don't just rely on blaze orange. the woods does tricks.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Maybe we should all wear infrared strobes on our hats and require all hunters to wear NOD's so they can spot the IR strobes? It sort of worked in the Marines. Only had a couple of mishaps . . .

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu