Boars down!

Trigger

Nov 12, 2013
Spent last Friday and Saturday hunting with Neil of GSGS and my friend Dan. We hunted several private ranches and saw a lot of wildlife. The last hour of the hunt Saturday we saw a lone boar moving slowly away from us. I set op on a rock, waited for him to stop and turn somewhat broadside and let the brass fly. He dropped in his tracks as the .270 Win round hit his heart. The shot ranged at 247 yards! My friend Dan shot a smaller boar a couple hours earlier and has not yet sent me a photo. Thank you Neil and KC of GSGS for a memorable hunt.

Attachments

• pigz1.jpg
    pigz1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
THAT is the right kind! And nice and close to the truck...LOL

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu