Boat facelift

QuePasaJames

Nov 8, 2016
Well, my boat (Que Pasa) has finally been resurrected after 2 1/2 years in the yard. She usually stays on the water, but when my wife got pregnant in 2018, it was clear we put the boat on the back burner and a decision was made to winterize it. We did a finale trip to Catalina in 2018, then pulled her out of the water. Now, after 2 glorious years of raising a baby, and constant nagging from other family members, asking "when are you putting the boat back in the water?", she's going back in. The whole family has pitched in this time around to make it happen.
Tons of work needed to be done, no surprise in that. The engine got a full makeover: new exhaust elbows, carburetor rebuild, new oil pan, outdrive rebuild, etc. She also got her ass painted (anti-fouling paint lasted over 8 years).
And my favorite: new electronics. We're running the new SIMRAD NSS EVO3 with 2 new transducers (thru-hull medium CHIRP, and the SIMRAD 3-in-1 active imagining, side scan and down scan.

We are absolutely stoked!
IMG_7347.JPGIMG_7643.jpgIMG_7647.jpg

Hallelujah!! I’m not the only one resurrecting their sled.

My skippy is getting a new power plant and few other goodies. I need to sell some things before I can think about electronics.

Reactions: QuePasaJames
Absolute money pit, but the memories.....
Yes NBK and I have stories that will last a lifetime, No regrets just cash out lay to get those memories. I became a much better fisherman when I had to do the work and study the tides, temps and all the other factors. It is a community where you need to be connected to others and trade info as every day is different when it comes to where to find fish. I grew up next to the ocean and it will always be a part of me.

Yes NBK and I have stories that will last a lifetime, No regrets just cash out lay to get those memories. I became a much better fisherman when I had to do the work and study the tides, temps and all the other factors. It is a community where you need to be connected to others and trade info as every day is different when it comes to where to find fish. I grew up next to the ocean and it will always be a part of me.
I agree with you. I noticed that before I got the boat, I was just jumping on the charters, knowing very little about what was really going on in the water. But once you're behind the wheel, it forces you to pay attention to all the details of the ocean.

I agree with you. I noticed that before I got the boat, I was just jumping on the charters, knowing very little about what was really going on in the water. But once you're behind the wheel, it forces you to pay attention to all the details of the ocean.
X2!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu