Bob, Know the truth, you're fighting the wrong battle

outdoordave

Jul 5, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Ok possible a little "off" the hunting theme but with the recent KC suicide and "gun control" brought back up I wanted to take a moment to reach out to everyone. Please Read…

I think Bob missed the mark in a tragic way here. It is a sad day when a man kills his girlfriend then suicides and guns are the problem not the disease that lead to it. In the United States someone dies by suicide approx. every 13 minutes. Suicides increase during the winter/holiday months. Men are 4 times more likely to complete suicide than women.. Active duty/veterans suicide at a rate twice as high as the national average. The men and women of our armed services are protecting our freedoms them coming home and suiciding (usually a result of PTSD or depression). 90% of suicides are caused by a mental illness that can be treated! I encourage everyone to visit AFSP.org (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention) or NAMI.org (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and learn about the signs, understand the misconceptions. Then don’t be afraid to reach out.

I will personally say I have a good friend, a Retired Chief from the US Navy who is alive today only because we saw the signs and got him help. It was hard yes, but it would have been harder to see a good man with a wife and three kids by lowered to his final resting spot because we were afraid to say, “Dude, we are worried about you.”
Thanks for reading

Great email OD! Thanks for taking the time to get out the message.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu