Bonehead move

SoCalHunter27 said:
As soon as your bow is fixed you should do a "walk back" tune on it. You know this already but I'll explain anyway. Haha. At 20-30 yards your bow might be right on but as you get farther back your arrow could be left or right due to more distance between you and the target. This allows your arrow to have more distance to wander off course. Shoot at 20 then with the same pin shoot at 25 then same pin at 30. After that you will be able to see if your arrow rest is off. Look up YouTube videos it will explain. Once again you might know all this already but just in case. Good luck man.

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks Socalhunter, that's an interesting idea. I'll look it up. Obviously I'd start low to high distance again, but it hadn't occurred to me to use the 20 yd pin at greater distances to check windage. That's a super suggestion!

Sent via Tapatalk

ahhh, i remember the walk of shame into the bow shop after dry firing. There were many different kinds of faces to be seen that day. Ones of amazement, disgust and worry. Not the end of the world and i'm pretty sure like breacher said, it's like a right of passage.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu