Bought me a treestand for x-mas.

Gteam1

Oct 13, 2012
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, i bought the ameristep hang on tree stand, 2013 is going to be my first year tree stand hunting. I'm pretty sure i have my spot set for where im going to place my stand but it all depends on what i see while im scouting and what shows up on the trail cams. Is there any veteran tree stand hunters that would'nt mind giving suggestions or tips to a young hunter? would really appreciate it :)

- Anthony
(Gteam Member)

wear your fall protection....

Practice shooting out of it a lot. It's harder than it looks.

Wear your fall protection.....

this is a big one!!! go poo before you go up. Nothing worse then having to go #2

Wear fall protection every time you go up.

do not untie the string you used to hoist your bow up. You will drop it and then have get out of your harness and climb down then back up blah blah blah

something about fall protection
:) have fun

wear your fall protection

As a right handed shooter, I like to point my stand so I have to look to my left to see where I think the deer will walk. You wont be able to shoot from a seated position if your stand is pointed straight.

I like to have my harness and fail strap tight when i am sitting. More then likely you will start to doze off and with everything tight you wont be able to slump over.

wear your fall protection

Has anybody told you about wearing your fall protection?
You will want an extra couple of hooks to hang your bow, pack.
If you shoot from the seated position, make sure your bow wont hit the stand on release.
Never walk through your shooting lanes, or the area that you think the deer will come from.

i dont think u need anymore advice. safety harness is the # 1 thing u need to worry about 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu