Bow Sling Recommendations

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Anyone use a bow sling?

Looking for something I can just throw it over my shoulder when moving like a rifle sling. I think the ones that cover the cams are a bit much for what I want it for, seems more like packing it in a case to move, maybe not, never used one. I have been reading reviews on some but have seen quite a few where the stitching, velcro, clip, etc failed and the bow hit the ground right out of the box bending cams.

Any tried and true ones you guys can recommend?

Fun part of hunting, buying the gear I wish I would of had on hand during my last hunt for the next one. It never ends.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I made a simple one that goes over your head and one arm so it crosses over your chest. Then the bow hangs on the hook from the d-loop. I use it more to free up my hands when glassing or digging in my pockets. Easy on and off, compact and light.
I use it while hiking too but always keep a hand on the handle as well. It helps take the weight off your arm. You can also just attach the hook to your waist belt on your pack. If I’m doing any serious hiking I strap the bow to my backpack. Works for me and is cheap. A picture probably explains it better.BD0CEC8D-D714-4E0D-A87C-CE6D3F2744BC.jpeg8670F192-0494-41D2-9625-C1A1955DBDBA.jpeg

Reactions: TrapLine
No..but something else to think about while hunting for sure!!

No matter what you do, carrying a bow while hunting from the ground sucks. I rest mine on the back of my neck, sometimes I let it rest on my shoulder and hold it with one hand and other times strap it to my pack. And IMO the best way to keep the bow from getting damage seems to keep it in your hand.

Do they make one that does not have to be removed? Like Paracord attached to the riser, forward the strings on the quiver side Could work, or inviting trouble?

Never found a need for a sling... when hunting, always carry my bow in my hand. Occasionally I'll strap my bow to my pack. Except... when I'm on a horse. Then I use a Primos sling with no arrows in the quiver. It protects the strings and removal is not that quick. Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu