BowTech vs. Mathews

Larry Cochran

Utah Buck 2010
Jan 8, 2011
Alpine, Ca
Are there any advantages over one bow or the other? I hear that you need to repalce the limbs on the Mathews if you do a lot of shooting, is there any thruth to this? Each of the bows put up huge numbers in the FPS speeds. Does it just come down to name brands? I am sure BowTech and Mathews are the most popular bows right now on the market and I believe the cost are about the same. Let me know what you guys and girls think?

I've had both and like my Bowtech Guardian better. The Switchback actually felt better in my hand but the Guardian is quieter and more solid for me. Not sure about the limbs needing replaced though. I've also been hearing of a lot of guys that are using Hoyt more and more but I don't have any experience shooting one.

I shoot a PSE right now but I am really looking into getting a Bowtech. Bruce over at the bow n arrow shop really got me into it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu