Broadheads !! Whats everybody Using?

motorhead

Jul 2, 2013
Ramona, CA
Well I've got a bunch of broadheads in my tackle box of archery gear, but I just bought some of the Muzzy 3bld 100grn BHs the green anodized ones. Thinking about hunting with them this season, they fly real sweet out of my compound. So what is everyone shooting out of there bows this year? My stick bows are another story tho...

Lungpopper said:
I recently bought a couple of packs of the Rage Hypodermics. With the practice blades they fly great. Just a little better than the standard Rage.
hey Darryl, do they fly better than those yellow rage 2.3?

Last year I was out with 2-F-15's,2-stadard rages,and 2-rage extremes. I'm thinking this year it would be smart to shoot all the same so I need to pick up a couple before the season.

JoseC. said:
Lungpopper said:
I recently bought a couple of packs of the Rage Hypodermics. With the practice blades they fly great. Just a little better than the standard Rage.

Jose,
I have not shot the Yellow ones. The standard Rage would drop about 4"-5" inches at 80 yards. The hypodermics are the same as my field tips. Right in the 10 ring.

Lungpopper said:
JoseC. said:
Lungpopper said:

Jose,
I have not shot the Yellow ones. The standard Rage would drop about 4"-5" inches at 80 yards. The hypodermics are the same as my field tips. Right in the 10 ring.
wow! at 80 yds theyre in the 10 ring? i ask cuz im about to buy a couple packs of those hypodermics, but didnt know if i should buy those or the yellow xtremes

Yep just ordered another six pack of the Muzzy 100s. that's what I'll be shooting out of my compound, My biggest concern was the trocar tip...they work great on fish, but Dear hide is a little tougher...

I am not a bowhunter (yet) but I saw the Rage Hypodermics in action and was very impressed. They sure poke a big hole!

Breacher said:
NBK said:
I am not a bowhunter (yet) but I saw the Rage Hypodermics in action and was very impressed. They sure poke a big hole!

He said "yet"! There is hope... ;)

After seeing what Lungpopper did to that pig I picked up some hypodermics, I will be using them this coming weekend.

I just ordered some Rage Hypodermic. We'll see what they can do.

My Hypodermic's just showed up at my door. Here is a pic next to the standard Rage.

Attachments

• 1378956586639.jpg
    1378956586639.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 1378956697111.jpg
    1378956697111.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu