Broken collar bone surgery

TeamRoper

Oct 24, 2018
Well gang i go for surgery on my broken collar bone. I have never had a surgery in my 57 yrs. Not gonna lie im scared as shit.0813241552.jpg

Reactions: Bowman
Prayers, my you have a fast recovery
Tnx. Im sure It'll be ok. It's actually a out patient operation and i got the director (the top dog)of orthopedics doing the operation. She warned me of complications to the lung during this operation. Other than that it should go good.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Yup, Dr. are good these days, unless you are in Payson Az. My friend went to her Dr. in Payson when she fell, he said it would heal just fine by itself. The bone was completely separated by two centimeters, that's just under 1". She knows better, so they went to Phoenix, they took her right into surgery. Small town Dr. don't know jack shit.Resized_20211012_143345.jpeg

Last edited:
TeamRoper, you should be good to go ! I had same injury years ago playing in a Men’s hardball league. Just make sure you don’t get crazy when you start
feeling good !!

what about the most important part... how did you do it?

Reactions: Lungpopper
I took op with me to el centro for dove hunt fri back yesterday, Amazing that he shot 3 boxes of shells with that broken collarbone. I am picking him up tomorrow after surgery and taking him home.

Reactions: 2duckhunter4
I got him home without incident. (LOL) He was loopy in recovery They gave him general and a block on right side . They should have kept him overnight for observation. Very extensive surgery to me for outpatient procedure. Took Matt 4 hours to recover for safe transport. Nice nurses beats the shxt out of VA nurses
2 days ago he was hunting dove with me with that broken collarbone. Incredible to me and he only complained at end of shoot.

Last edited:
You look like a million dollars, all wrinkled and torn. ;)
Lol sucks gettin old. Btw that left hand fingers fer the wrinkle comment.
Haha ,exactly why i never selfie.
Idk whats going on but i lost feeling in 3 fingers. Thumb,index and middle finger. We'll see if it comes back. Dam it my trigger finger too!
My neck use to ache at least thats gone and the block on my whole arm gone. But concerned about my fingers.

Last edited:
You know why old guys get grumpy, it's because we can't do
The sh#% we use to do.
Ya getting older su#@ the big one.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu