Browning A-5 Light Twelve 12 ga. [SD,CA]

A-5_Guy

Nov 4, 2014
Escondido
For sale (no trades please):

- 1989 (PN) Miroku (Japanese) produced Browning Auto-5 "Light Twelve" 12 gauge
- 28" bbl with Invector choke system with Modified and Imp Cylinder factory chokes, and factory browning choke tube wrench
- 2 3/4" chambers, "special steel barrel," (steel shot safe with less than Full choke and BB shot size)
- Plug is included (only piece made in Belgium), limits to 2 shells in magazine

The bluing is in stunningly good condition for being a 26 year old used firearm with only 2 small wear marks on the barrel near the forearm (since it is a long recoil operated weapon). Bluing is rated at 97% +/-1. Stocks and forearm are in comparable shape with only a few "handling" marks that could be buffed out if you're so inclined. Since I used this as my "dove gun," I didn't mind the character. Bolt is highly polished with no rust stains or other problems. Japanese produced A-5's are, in many opinions, higher quality than the later Belgian Brownings assembled with leftover parts. This isn't some plastic piece of crap that they slapped the A-5 name on, this is the rock solid Auto-5 that changed the shotgunning world.

I hate to see it go, but momma has instituted a "1 in, 1 out" policy and I'm 2 deep in the hole (oh yeah!!!).

All parts are accounted for as seen in the pictures. Currently set up for "heavy dove" loads. Will cycle any 12 ga load if setup properly (I will show you how). Those who say A-5's "kick like a mule" are pussies and don't know how to set them up! I will teach you and you'll be an A-5 convert for life.

Get ready for thumbs up at the skeet range, "my grandpa had one of those" comments, women flocking to you, and immediate hair growth. This shotgun is ready for Euros in the valley, ducks at the club, or to appreciate in value in your safe.

Price is $950 OBO. FTF transaction, FFL transfer at FFL of your choice, buyer pays all transfer fees. PM with questions or comments.

PM for pictures...

what you going to buy A5, you going to finally step up to a A400?

PS... A5 is a good dude even if he pilots a messed up airplane/chopper/thingamagig.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu