Buck down

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Welp I missed a big forkie the other night... I was pretty upset, but my dad ended up getting this buck! He was an old buck but only a really big spike-fork.. 15 wide 11 tall null_zps42874e2c.jpg

null_zpscdde3971.jpg

thanks for removing him from the gene pool...thats one dude that needed to go..like yesterday go!!

HATCHET1 said:
thanks for removing him from the gene pool...thats one dude that needed to go..like yesterday go!!

We have some jacked up genes up here where I hunt.. About 50% of the bucks look like this. My Uncle killed a spike fork with 3 drop tines hanging of each side. With really thick bases. But all the meat taste good, and sure can't eat the horns

TaftHunter said:
Welp I missed a big forkie the other night... I was pretty upset, but my dad ended up getting this buck! He was an old buck but only a really big spike-fork.. 15 wide 11 tall

Congrats to your dad! That one is out of the breeding game and you got some venison. Much better than tag soup.

SoCalRebelHunter said:
A bad set of horns doesn't mean bad meat! Nicely done.

Funny thing is my dad loves how the horns look, even gonna euro it. But he sure does that good! Cooked up the ribs and some backstrap yesterday :D

Congratulations to your dad on bringing home that buck! You all are gonna have one full freezer when the season is done. I'm jealous (but a good jealous). ;)

AirRifleHunter said:
Congratulations to your dad on bringing home that buck! You all are gonna have one full freezer when the season is done. I'm jealous (but a good jealous). ;)

Oh yeah, me and my dad both have premium zone tags, and a Montana deer and elk tag.. We're gonna need a new freezer....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu