Buddy's First Coyote

SoCalRebelHunter

Sworn to hunt, Loyal to none
Jan 22, 2012
East El Cajon
I bought a FoxPro wildfire last week and put it to the test this morning. Worked out awesome!

Got to stand #1 a little before shooting time. Set up and got ready and then started calling. Heard or saw nothing for the first 10 minutes. Changed the calling sequence and then heard a couple response howls in the distance. Waited another 30 minutes,but nothing ever showed, so we went to stand #2.

Upon getting to stand #2, we spotted a couple yotes down in a creek bed moving away from us. I jumped on the call and gave them a locator howl to see if I could get them to come back. Two minutes later, we spotted three of them 140 yards away on a hill top. Two of us had shotguns and the other had his AR. The yotes got spooked and started to walk off, so my buddy with the AR planted one with a shot square to the back of the head. It was his first coyote.

It was also the first animal he's EVER taken that was bigger than a jack-rabbit; so needless to say there was A LOT of celebrating afterwards.

Enjoy fellas.

Attachments

• IMG_20130601_062802.jpg
    IMG_20130601_062802.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
There's no shooting time for coyotes In San Diego County unless it's deer season

That is just awesome. Nice pic, nice dog and hats off to breaking in the Wildfire!

Sdbirds said:
There's no shooting time for coyotes In San Diego County unless it's deer season

This was up in Riverside. I'm not exactly sure if you can night hunt coyote there so I figured it was best to wait til shooting light.

SoCalRebelHunter said:
Sdbirds said:

This was up in Riverside. I'm not exactly sure if you can night hunt coyote there so I figured it was best to wait til shooting light.
Good call I know it's county to county

Sdbirds said:
SoCalRebelHunter said:
Sdbirds said:

Good call I know it's county to county

10-4. Plus, it was bad enough getting up at 4am with a hangover. I could only imagine how it bad would've sucked getting up earlier!

But if anyone is looking to step into a higher end predator call like I was, I insist on the FoxPro brand. I had another call for years and could never seem to get things to come together for that call. It only took the FoxPro and my mediocre calling ability an hour to seal the deal. Money well spent.

Nice job guys, way to much Camo but nice job

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu