bumping deer

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
was able to get out during the season opener. decided to chase the deer I scouted weeks ago
Screenshot_20180901-212954.png

went to the same spot and found another area of beads and scrapes
20180901_183413.jpg

I started to walk deep between ridges past where I saw the beds and trails. next thing you know it i start to smell a mixture of wet dog and poop. granted I've never smelled this and saw dropping I just though it was the poop on the ground. I kept walking and 15 yards out behind a bush a group of spikes run off followed by my buck! he's still there! I didn't have an arrow knocked and he just waltzed put and gave me a look. I never had a shot on him. well at least I know he's still there.

I was happy to get out and see my buck!
Learned a lot and had fun!

question....how fast do deer reset? could I go back Monday? could deer be pushed enough to move out of an area?

Thanks guys.
20180901_182628.jpg

Reactions: oscar and Goyaałé
so after Monday trying every weekend will be ok?
Affirmative, even the same day or next morning. That big deer in the D16 pic post was spotted one day and was taken the next day.
The key is don't chase it. Or kick out of it's bed.
Deer will stay in same area. Some times it takes weeks.
Sometimes it takes a bit of luck.
Seening a buck first day, is good luck.
Best
Longbow

Reactions: oscar and Sdhunt17

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu