CA Concealed Carry Guns

cost me just about $350 for a 2 year permit in Imperial County

I'm in Ventura County but I was more interested in the actual guns you guys use on your permit. According to the Officer in charge of the concealed carry department I can only add "on roster" guns to my permit. I do not think he is correct and this would exclude all three pistols I currently own. So I need input on a "on Roster" guns.

I was looking at the Sig P238 but i'm not convinced it is enough firepower (380 ACP). I really want the P938 (9mm) but its not on roster
The M&P SHield 9mm is another option.
Springfield XD but its bulky.

I have a G20 and I have some experience with a G34 but I do not have any experience with anything smaller. Do you find it is hard hold? Are you able to get 4 fingers on the gun? I have average size hands and find the G20 to be quite large.

I run a Smith&Wesson M&P Shield in 40S&W, I dont conceal carry but if I get a permit it would be my cary gun for sure! Its light and has a small six round mag, I have smaller hands so this frame fits me very well where I don't fit a glock. The grip size is why I chose the M&P Shield.

I am currently 16 weeks waiting since my interview with the OCSD. I put a glock 19 on my app along with a shield 9mm I purchased last week. The shield is great, super slim and concealabe and was pretty dang accurate. I just put some talon grips on which made a big difference. Trigger is a little sloppy but heard it gets better the more you shoot it.

Drewski2324 said:
What have you guys heard about concealed carry guns? Opinions? Rumors?

I am from Riverside county, recent completion time took 6 mo to complete the Ccw process. Because of the San Bern county Inland Regional building mass shootings, the most recent appoints to get to just the interview was a full year. So to complete the process I am guessing it would take 15-18 mo in Riverside county. If you apply at RPD they will not grant a Ccw. The San Bern county deputy's were telling me the application influx has brought the San Bern county completion process to a year. It could be even more now. County Sheriffs in both counties is where you want to put your application in or you may waste a full year at PD.

I really want to conceal carry my A.R. 15 where do I get the necessary paperwork to do so

Sdbirds your felony trafficking conviction in 2006 excludes you bro, sorry ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu