CA results are out

Just saw mine drew D17, Wanted to try hunting closer to home didn't expect to draw it with only 1 point. Expected to get A22 or D19. Now the fun begins running around the desert in 115/120 degree heat scout for a place to hunt. Only drew this once before and hunted Mecca Hills and corn springs saw some deer in the hills and only sign around the springs.

Just saw mine drew D17, Wanted to try hunting closer to home didn't expect to draw it with only 1 point. Expected to get A22 or D19. Now the fun begins running around the desert in 115/120 degree heat scout for a place to hunt. Only drew this once before and hunted Mecca Hills and corn springs saw some deer in the hills and only sign around the springs.
Good luck. We'll be giving D15 a shot this year, as well as D11. Me and the kids are learning as we go. I haven't done a whole ton of deer hunting, but hopefully they'll be old pro's by the time they garduate high school

YES!!! Finally happened!! Let the e scouting begin!!! This is my year fellas...I'm getting a buck!! Never waiver.. push forward..tow the line ..stay the course..and FINISH!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240612-084514.png
    Screenshot_20240612-084514.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 19
X9B. Ohhhhh myyyy....

A little help from any previous X9B hunter would be much appreciated. Send me a pm and I'll send you my number. Thanks.

Reactions: ke1234567
My buddy had 9 points and didn't draw into X9a. I figured he would have made it in. My brother drew for the archery tag in the X12 area. I will be hunting D16.

John

My buddy had 9 points and didn't draw into X9a. I figured he would have made it in. My brother drew for the archery tag in the X12 area. I will be hunting D16.

John
I struck out going in with 8. My buddy drew it 2 years go with 8 and last years minimum point to draw was 8

Good luck. We'll be giving D15 a shot this year, as well as D11. Me and the kids are learning as we go. I haven't done a whole ton of deer hunting, but hopefully they'll be old pro's by the time they garduate high school
Never hunted D11 but you and your boys should do fine there. One of the better D zones. Good luck

John
That is a good archery tag, was thinking about hitting that next year. been awhile since I've hunted it but always liked the area. Hunting the mighty 16 you'll have fun.

That is a good archery tag, was thinking about hitting that next year. been awhile since I've hunted it but always liked the area. Hunting the mighty 16 you'll have fun.
We know X12 well. I imagine my brother will be on Bucks. I will likely be up there with him. D16 is a great zone. I know it well enough. Plenty of good spots within easy driving distance from my house.

John

Reactions: sportyg
Went all in D14 again for rifle and picked up my bear tag, back to zero points. Already running cameras in search of archery bucks in D15 and D16. Sprinkle in some upland and ducks and should be a fun year, cant wait for August, Good Luck to All!
D15 is my backyard. I'm planning on rifle for D15, but if you need another set of eyes, I'd be more than happy to do some scouting with you, or hands carrying something out.

Got my second choice A31. First year hunting archery and got a bear tag!

Get to hunt some private land in A zone so that will be my second tag.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu