California wildlife official in hot water over mountain lion hunt

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_19992359

NEW COMMISSION PRESIDENT CELEBRATES A SUCCESSFUL HUNT – California Fish and Game commissioner Dan W. Richards travelled deep into the wicked terrain of Idaho’s Flying B Ranch to fulfill a long-held goal. “It was the most physically exhausting hunt of my lifetime. Eight hours of cold weather hiking in very difficult terrain. I told the guides I appreciated the hard work. They were unbelievably professional, first class all the way,” he said. Richards said he took the big cat over iron sights using a Winchester Centennial lever action .45 carbine. Asked about California’s mountain lion moratorium, Richards didn’t hesitate. “I’m glad it’s legal in Idaho.” COURTESY PHOTO

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 44
Good for him, wish all our F&G commissioners were like him, instead of the three puppets of the radical environmentalists. Its amazing how the red oculus comments left by the ultra nut jobs. Aaaahhhhh the great state of California.

I got this emailed to me and have seen it on other sites.

This is a cause to rally around!

By now, many of you have probably heard about the controversy associated with the Fish and Game Commission's new Chairman Dan Richards shooting a mountain lion (legally) in Idaho. You might want to read Ed Zieralski's article in the Sports section of today's San Diego Union-Tribune. The e-mail below from COHA is a call for people to attend the next meeting of the Fish and Game Commission (7 March in Riverside) to show support for Chairman Richards. As you can read below, those who are calling for his removal are expected to be out in force.

Please if you do nothing else this year to fight for our sporting heritage
in CA, plan to attend this meeting and bring your friends. Be there early
to sign up to speak at the public form, it is the first item on the agenda.

I am sending you an attachment for the next CA. Fish and Game Commission meeting to be held in Riverside - Mission Inn March 7th at 8:30 am.

I can not stress how important it is for all sportsmen to come out to this
meeting. In short, the anti's, in particular (Human Society of the United
States - HSUS) has once again mobilized to push one of the few hunters off
the (5 member) Fish and Game Commission - Dan Richards, because he legally took a Mt. Lion in ID. We anticipate they will be out in force, perhaps picketing the meeting. Please note, the lobbyist for HSUS was just
appointed to the Cal Tip board after HSUS made a donation the CA Dept. Fish and Game.

The commission needs to know that we buy licenses for fishing and hunting
and support the department, laws and habitat with our funds. If there is a
shift in the Fish and Game Commission we all will suffer for many many
years.

Please make this viral so that our voices will be heard.

First I would like to congratulate Dan Richards for KILLING a Trophy Lion LEGALLY.

Then I want to express how sad it is that HSUS is on the brink of controlling the the DFG in this state.
When they get control can you imagine California will become the first state to ban hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu