CALLS

I used both, I prefer electric just because I am not calling them to my mouth. I set the call away from be and use a decoy for them to zoom in on.

This is also an easier way to call when you are by yourself.

Larry when it come to regulations yes there is some,

§475. Methods of Take for Nongame Birds and Nongame Mammals.

Nongame birds and nongame mammals may be taken in any manner except as follows:

(b) Recorded or electrically amplified bird or mammal calls or sounds or recorded or electrically amplified imitations of bird or mammal calls or sounds may not be used to take any nongame bird or nongame mammal except coyotes, bobcats, American crows and starlings.

Thanks for the info Wheels. I'd like to give that a try sometime.

I've done both but anymore just use the mouth blown.
Long time ago before the commercial callers came out my hunting partner and I built backpacks with
battery boxes with car batteries hooked up to a car stereo with a single speaker and a cigarrette lighter plug in for the spot light.We would take off cross country calling at night,hammered the coyotes with that setup
I don't call at night anymore,you can kill alot of coyotes that way but I think it's more fun to shoot at an animal you can see than a pair of eyes looking at you.

Both. I have been using a mouth call now for over 40 years. I just bought my first e-call back in March but, due to a shoulder injury, I haven't had it out yet. I'm getting twitchy to kill something, and the shoulder is mending, so...soon!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu