Calm before the storm

Bigfin

Apr 18, 2020
Went to Amador again seeking redemption from last week . Good time to go considering the lake will probably be blown out for a while after these storms hit . Amador is only fed from a local creek (Jackson) and so when the creek runs high with a good storm Amador turns to chocolate milk pretty fast and it can take weeks to clear . It was a very cold morning as in temp in the truck said 29’ upon arrival!! Yikes have to make fire . Got there setup then went wood hunting . Got the fire going but wish I woulda brought my hatchet to split the damp wood . Ended up going caveman on the branches that I could not break !! Amador has a lot of shale rock some of it is embedded in the soil so just find that and hit the branches on that and it works well . Anyway got my first fish at 7 am or so then nothing for an hour so I looked at the barometer and it still said 29.500 so I decided to move a pole over to deeper water and well the rest is pure joy , got a fish within 1 minute then 3 more in 15 minutes that’s a limit right there by 830 !! Put a single barbless hook on and threw back out ended the day with 5 more in another hour final tally was 10 fish keeping 5 . Fun day for sure now we’ll see how long it takes to get back to this fantastic fishing ?? Here’s some pictures and I will include one of Cormorant Island if you zoom in you can see there are literally about 15 cormorants on it !!! Until next time
Tightlines BF
FC3D3D02-C071-41F4-ACDB-8BDDEA527183.jpegAF80D89D-75AD-4D82-AE07-16AF8EF99D66.jpeg692E3973-1C12-479E-85BC-C16E453DD6BB.jpeg14F5F5ED-2C90-4C26-B9A0-120128AC0158.jpeg

Them redneck fish finders are perched up in front my honey hole over there. Great job Dave.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Yep them birds think its Applebees !!!! But it definitely tells you how many fish are in there . Your spot is safe Chris that island will be gone now . Hey did you see all the activity going on just past the Sturgeon hatchery ?? They made roads going around those ponds there and cleared the brush from them & on the amador hatchery side they are putting in some pipes right by the gatehouse . IDK what they are up to but it would be awesome if they are expanding .

Reactions: CAL'NDN
Yea that would be good.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu