Camo is not necessary……Change my Mind

I like camo, but it doesn't make a difference while rifle hunting. I buy camo because all the cool kids do!

Also, I like camo because then the local hikers and other hunters walk on by without noticing me in my spots. Lol

I think one of my big gripes with camo patterns is you almost have to commit to a brand. I like to mix and match gear whatever is most comfortable for me. And when you have two different patterns it just looks stupid.
my kid just bought some Arc'teryx Alpha SL Full-Zip Rain Pants in black. They are some of the highest quality pants I have seen. I am a little jealous.
It might look stupid but I think a mix might be an advantage if one half of you is one pattern and the other half is another it might break up the shape of the human form a bit better. Regardless I think camo is not really necessary for big game muted colors work just as well imo. The best thing about the highend brands is the quality of the materials and how they are designed for the needs of the hunter.

Ha I like this. Social media is ruining hunting. Camo glassing on a ridge line photos are great.
Personally I think social media is ruining everything. I used to be big on Instagram and Facebook but I stopped posting on them and now use them way less often than I used to. I hunt and fish as much as I can because that’s what I love to do. I can care less what other people think of something I post. The satisfaction of people liking your Instagram picture is artificial and harmful in multiple ways IMO

Wearing a costume in the fall is all part of the fun. And I am sure blending into the landscape isn't a bad thing.

The new products are very comfortable, warm or cool and dry quickly. All areas where cotton fails miserably and traditional wool is too heavy etc.

Wearing a costume in the fall is all part of the fun. And I am sure blending into the landscape isn't a bad thing.

The new products are very comfortable, warm or cool and dry quickly. All areas where cotton fails miserably and traditional wool is too heavy etc.
Camo blending with the backrond is never a bad thing. I think in first world countries wool which was the old school way for cold is not the best choice anymore where we have choices with science driven fabrics to take us further, NBK remember we used wool and silk in Montana way back when and it served well with no complaints other than when wet you we were towing extra weight. Those hunts were very cold and we had to huddle around the engine block to retrieve heat but it worked. Camo gear are always part of the hunt no doubt and I love it, You know me it's always a blend of what has worked in the past combined with the future. I still like my double front Carhaarts down low and synthetics up top given to southewest hunting weather. Probably not a good choice for Alaska. No judgement just sayin... Use what works for you and you're style...

I joke but my most expensive clothes are all camo. Most expensive boots, pants, shirts, jackets, briefs, socks, masks…so yeah it’s a comfort fashion statement that I will own.

sometimes I like the nuetral green / brown but I always end up spending a few $$ more on camo. I get way more compliments in public with camo on

I joke but my most expensive clothes are all camo. Most expensive boots, pants, shirts, jackets, briefs, socks, masks…so yeah it’s a comfort fashion statement that I will own.

sometimes I like the nuetral green / brown but I always end up spending a few $$ more on camo. I get way more compliments in public with camo on
Camo underwear are next level. You need to try exoficio briefs they are game changers.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
Camo underwear are next level. You need to try exoficio briefs they are game changers.

lol i agree. That is to flashy for me…I go solid brown or green depending on what I have been eating.

I’ve heard great things about the exoficio briefs, but I love the first lite merino wool ones. They just don’t get raunchy from sweat and protect against monkey butt.

Reactions: TRICER
lol i agree. That is to flashy for me…I go solid brown or green depending on what I have been eating.

I’ve heard great things about the exoficio briefs, but I love the first lite merino wool ones. They just don’t get raunchy from sweat and protect against monkey butt.
Way too flashey for me as well, Remember when Kramer on Seinlfeld went natural with gaberdein pant's way back when ? Never needed much help with that......

I always wear camo, but I'm almost always hunting with my crossbow, coyote hunting, or turkey hunting. Or doves, can't forget those sneaky little bastards. I'm with those who really like their gear for the functionality of it. I'm a Sitka fan boi and love how their pants and core lightweight hoody work. The built in knee pads, hood, and face cover are awesome. That said, I did just buy a pair of Stone Glacier's De Havilland Lite pants to try out. They're a solid color. Friends swear by their comfort, we shall see . . .

I always wear camo, but I'm almost always hunting with my crossbow, coyote hunting, or turkey hunting. Or doves, can't forget those sneaky little bastards. I'm with those who really like their gear for the functionality of it. I'm a Sitka fan boi and love how their pants and core lightweight hoody work. The built in knee pads, hood, and face cover are awesome. That said, I did just buy a pair of Stone Glacier's De Havilland Lite pants to try out. They're a solid color. Friends swear by their comfort, we shall see . . .
Buy a pair of Prana Zion pants off Amazon they will be your new favorite pants and they are relatively inexpensive. I pretty much only wear Prana now in the field and they are great around town etc.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu