camping in D16

kylemg0009

Jan 20, 2015
Costa Mesa, CA
Hello SCH,
I wasn't able to go out last weekend on the opener as my grandmother suffered a minor stroke and I went to go hang out with her in hospital (she's recovering very well now)
I live in north OC and would like to travel down to the CNF saturday afternoon, hike/hunt, camp, then go out before sunrise the next morning. I'd like to camp out, either in a tent or in my jeep saturday night instead of making the drive back and forth. I have an adventure pass so can park within the forest, so does anybody have any recommendation for good camp grounds or areas I can park my car and sleep in it (safely) ? I was going to go out in the northern area of CNF but it's so thick with brush and steep mountains that I would rather find another area in central CNF to scout an hunt. Anybody have any recommendations?

you can sleep anywhere in the CNF to my knowledge you use to have a pass but that has been done away with. NO FIRES! If you are in a remote enough location like a dirt road I dont think anyone will hassle you if you sleep in your jeep. I have parked my truck and backpacked in for the night a few times in CNF never been hassled.

Thick and steep is where the deer are most don't hang in the flats especially now after the shooting has begun

Good luck!

Agreed. Saw several doe a few months ago headed up a steep slope. Going to go to that area and hike a few hours further into the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu