Can anyone recommend a guided hunt?

hots_towel

Jan 27, 2016
not sure where this would go in any other subforum so i thought I would ask here. If asking for recommendations for this sort of thing is looked down upon (or against the rules that i may have missed) I apologize. The thing is, I don't know anyone who hunts, therefore I can't see myself getting into the sport without being taken on a guided one first. I've come across a couple on a google search but have noticed pretty sizable price differences, and want to make sure I don't blow a large sum on money on a really expensive hiking/camping trip. Im aware that is a possibility though. Just hoping for the best.

I suppose the only thing that I'm interested in hunting is either pigs or upland (I may be an adult, but I'm still a picky eater :p). I live in Los Angles/Orange county but after poking around, and am well aware I will have to drive around 4-5+ hours to get to any guided hunting areas.

Neil Ray with Giant Sequoia Guide Service is a great guide for pig. There's a sub forum on here for him.
For upland game, you can try one of the many clubs around. Like Raahaugers pheasant club.

Nicholas909 said:
Neil Ray with Giant Sequoia Guide Service is a great guide for pig. There's a sub forum on here for him.
For upland game, you can try one of the many clubs around. Like Raahaugers pheasant club.

X2 8)

thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely be contacting both. If this info I have on turkey season is correct, looks like I may have to wait until next year to jump on that offer. That one in Corona looks promising though. Can't wait to find out more!

There's also Big Horn Canyon Ranch. http://bighorncanyonranch.com/

It's a "canned" hunt from what I'm told. I might check it out if I can't get up north this year for a pig.

I'm not having any luck around So Cal.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu