Care Packages for Service Members in Afghanistan

Ajsnack

Jun 5, 2012
San Diego
ATTN: The link is up and all of the information can be found on the front page of SCH! Click on link below:

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=638

With the Holidays right around the corner, I would like to start getting some things together to send overseas. Breacher and I talked and figure we would like to try and get some boxes packed and shipped sometime in the first week of December, but we will need some help and donations. Any donations will help. The following are a list of some things to donate for packages:

-Baby wipes
-Boot socks
-Protein bars
-Jerky
-Powder drink mix (single servings)
-Trail mix
-Chapstick/ Lip balm
-Deodorant
-Vitamins
-Gum
-Decks of cards
-Books/magazines

There are something that can not be shipped here is a list of most of them:

HOME-BAKED FOOD
GLASS BOTTLES or GLASS JARS
AEROSOL CANS, AEROSOL SPRAYS or any PRESSURIZED CANNISTERS
EXPIRED FOOD
CANDLES, LIGHTERS, MATCHES or LIGHTER FLUID
HOTEL pr AIRLINE SAMPLES
VHS TAPES, CASSETTE TAPES
CONTRABAND ITEMS (live plants, tobacco, alcohol, knives, nudity, etc.)
PRESCRIPTIONS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING THOSE FOR CANINES)
USED OR STAINED CLOTHING, LINENS

Other logistical things we will need will be;

-Somewhere to drop goods off and pack the packages (multiple drop off spots and a single location to pack)
-Volunteers to pack the packages
-Flat rate boxes from USPS (Post office has flat rate boxes to be sent as care packages. Will just need people grab some from there local post offices)
-Cash donations to pay for shipping.

These wars have touched a lot of people in the last 11 years, to include myself and many SCH members, lets get together and do something good for the members of our armed forces these holidays!

PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you very much
Snack

Call me and we will get some of this stuff nailed down!

The collection point for the care package goods is going to be:

Fine Firearms
8720 La Mesa Blvd.
La Mesa, CA 91942

If anyone knows someone overseas right now and would like to have some packages sent to them just PM me there address.

Ajsnack said:
Have not decided on a deadline yet. Will take look later today and see when the cut off will be.

Ok, just wanted to make sure we have time. I won't be able to get by there until next week.....

I dropped off some stuff at Fine Firearms. Sorry I didn't have a chance to talk John, work was calling.....

I'm encouraging everyone to check out the above list and pick up a few items and drop them off. Plus its a good reason to check out some guns!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu