Caught a few tuna

dtbushpilot

Apr 17, 2011
We fished the WON Tuna Jackpot Tournament out of Cabo but didn't catch a qualifying fish. Cabo isn't my home water but we learned a lot in the days leading up to the tournament. I decided to go back and take another shot at the 200lb tuna that avoided us during the tournament. In 2 days of fishing I still didn't get the 200lber but we did do a bit better than we did in the tournament. IMG_5764.JPGIMG_5767.JPGIMG_5770.JPGIMG_5774.JPG

Nice catch Dave.
What kinda gear are you using ?
We used all the usual suspects, trolled various lures, soaked some excellent live bait, flew the kite with a gummy flying fish. While we had some action on everything the big winner was a large natural color cedar plug. Of the quality fish (50lbs+) one was caught on live bait, all others were on the cedar plug. We released everything under 20lbs.

Reactions: Lungpopper
How'd the tuna sausage turn out ?
The tuna sausage was ok, not outstanding, just ok. When I made it I vacuum bagged it and put it in the freezer. I should have put it on the smoker instead, I think that would be the ticket. If I do it again I'm going to smoke it.

Guess we know what's for dinner at your house!
We had tuna steaks for dinner last night, tuna steak sandwiches today for lunch and tuna sushi rolls for dinner tonight.....I'm ready for something that didn't swim in the ocean for breakfast...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu