Caught a few

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
Was able to get onto the salt yesterday with Dennis for a morning session. The mission: Fish Tacos. We hit a few reefs and wrecks off Long Beach for a mixed bag of sheepshead, red vermillion, Boccaccio, sand bass and calico bass. It wasn’t wide open but we found some quality. Sunny and greasy conditions for much of the morning. Very little boat traffic this time of year. Got cloudy and breezy as we left. Jackpot was a nice goat that slammed a Colt Sniper.

C2AA0EA8-35D3-4DBD-8D7D-657E1F6FD5CD.jpeg76313BB3-4206-4E27-BC92-34D8AD6034C6.jpeg94A66CED-9A86-4CA6-8CD6-2B0307289789.jpeg95574944-9E73-4CBD-B0DA-372FA74566C0.jpeg

Steam the sheepshead and serve with drawn butter!
I like your thinking... also makes me think of steaming it "Chinese style." Steam it whole, then layer some scallions, ginger and cilantro over the top. Then heat up oil real hot and pour it over the fish with a splash of soy sauce. Mmmm.. I need to go fishing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I like your thinking... also makes me think of steaming it "Chinese style." Steam it whole, then layer some scallions, ginger and cilantro over the top. Then heat up oil real hot and pour it over the fish with a splash of soy sauce. Mmmm.. I need to go fishing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Jason that sounds amazing. I bet it looks spectacular on a big platter with some garnish.

I wonder if Shimano is ok with me using one of their premier tuna irons to catch bottomfish? Is it disrespectful? Colt Sniper is a very versatile lure.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu