CCW

surfcity

I don't play nice with baby killing gun grabbers
Jan 20, 2014
Huntington Beach
www.nra.com
Howdy Gals and Gents:

Anybody up there going through the CCW process?
I have my appointment coming up and while filing out my application this is one of the Questions:

"If the CCW license is desired for self-protection, the protection of others, or for the protection of large sums of money or
valuable property, you are required to explain and provide good cause for issuance of the license. For example, has your life
or property been threatened or jeopardized? Explain incidents and include dates, times, locations, and names of police
agencies to which these incidents were reported.

Details of Reason for Applicant Desiring a CCW license. Use additional pages if necessary."

Ok, the most valuable thing is my life is my family
I am a stay at home dad with two special need children and in today environment you think really different with kids and really really different with special needs kids. The most vulnerable people today in the USA.

So I ask you what would you write for this answer?
Seriously, I am all about #2A and I believe it is our God given right to protect yourself by any means necessary.
This just seems like a real slippery slope of a question. Despite having a spotless record through out my whole life, this one answer could end my right to concealed carry.

Is there a lawyer in the house that can give the Holly Grail of answers to this anti carry question or someone who has gone through the process and had the ultimate answer with a similar situation as to mine.

Sincerely I thank you for any input
Thanks

John

What County are you in?

The conspiracy theorist in me almost wonders if they are asking that question to determine if the person filling in the application is in need of police protection / assistance (similar to the way hospitals will ask questions to determine if someone with an injury has been the victim of assault). If that is the case then their intention is good. But maybe I am way overthinking it.

down here in the Imperial County that question is on app also. If you check out calguns.com forums they have a few sections dedicated to CCW by county, good info. I personally think that question will weed out a few people that aren't to serious about getting the permit or you can see it as they are trying to stop you. I own a small business and that covered a few of the "demands" on app. Good Luck bud... check out calguns it helps, and ask away someone might have the correct answer. Also you can always call your sheriff dept where you are applying, they can help if they want, just be nice... really nice or have a chick call if the person on the other line is a guy.

My wife works at the cop shop here in HB, I know a bunch of the Men in blue down there. I haven't asked them YET, I wanted to hear what any of my hunting buddies have gone through this and what there answer is to it.
I hate the process

There is no conspiracy in the required letter. Write a concise articulate letter and you are good to go. Do not lie or make up stuff. The guys that run the ccw unit at the ocsd are very good guys and not out to stop you.

I can't say it enough not to lie or hide anything. Know also that it's a requirement of ocsd to identify as a ccw holder on any contact with pd. You can't cc under the influence of anything, alcohol or meds.

Just had my final apt on picked up my permit this past week for Orange County. OC is almost a shall issue county at the moment, you just need a better reason that "for self-defense." I won't say my specific good cause, but if you hunt overt 10-15 times a year, that is sufficient good cause because you are transporting valuable items, in places where u do not have access to local law enforcement, and there are threats (human) you are prone to encounter in the wild.

Join the CalCCW facebook page of their forum on calccw.com Introduce yourself as you would here, and then get in contact with Greg Block. he will have you send him your good cause statement and help you finalize it. But make an appointment NOW because the wait is getting longer and longer every hour. Let me know if you need any help. I sent in my request for an initial interview 4/27/2015... first interview was 9/24/2015, picked up permit this past week.

Aeon said:
There is no conspiracy in the required letter. Write a concise articulate letter and you are good to go. Do not lie or make up stuff. The guys that run the ccw unit at the ocsd are very good guys and not out to stop you.

I can't say it enough not to lie or hide anything. Know also that it's a requirement of ocsd to identify as a ccw holder on any contact with pd. You can't cc under the influence of anything, alcohol or meds.

+1 they most likely know everything about you before you even interview... they just want to see if you are honest about your past.

The CCW application is the same state wide and page 13 is the most important. Unless you are applying in a shall issue county, you will need to provide a reason other than self protection unless that good cause is backed up with police reports or incident/radio call incidents etc. As other have said, transporting money or valuables is the most common case for issuance. Be prepared to show deposit slips and business corporation papers, sellers permit etc. DO NOT LIE or embellish, this will be uncovered in the background process. It is not impossible to obtain a CCW, just tough.

Still waiting on the Peruta decision to see if all of California becomes a "Shall issue" state, of course then there will be a decade long appeal to the Supreme Court. :D

Good Luck

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu