CDA and 40 Free Hunts

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Wow!.........40 free hunts thru California Deer Assoc. drawing......Here's the story.

You Can Win One of 40 Guided Pig Hunts and Help Deer Habitat at the same time!!!

The California Deer Association (CDA) is offering you and a hunting partner a chance to help California deer habitat and at the same time have an awesome fully-guided pig hunt. Pigs on the famous 270,000-acre Tejon Ranch are having a negative effect on the habitat, which has resulted in reduced deer numbers in the area.

CDA was able to obtain a grant from the DFW Big Game Management Account to help improve the habitat in the area of Tejon Ranch for deer and other wildlife. This will be done by having 40 guided wild pig hunts (20 two-party hunts) on the ranch which will be given away in a free, random drawing conducted by CDA. Applications must be for a party of two hunters — no single hunter applications will be accepted. The hunts will be two hunters per guide. The ranch’s normal hunt or access fees will not be charged. Lodging and meals on the ranch are included. Hunters will have an option to shoot a second pig but they must pay $250 for this opportunity.

These are two-day hunts and conclude after two days or when you have taken your pig/pigs.

This is a random drawing conducted by the California Deer Association.

Entry deadline for this drawing is September 22, 2014.

To apply via the Internet, go to http://caldeer.org/deerhabitatpighunt .

Jerry Springer

California Deer Association - President

California Deer Magazine - Editor

[email protected]

www.WesternHunter.com

P.O. Box 7708

Stockton, CA 95267

Phone/Fax: (209) 951-5188

That is awesome. Since this is setup that both hunters must register at one time, is there anyone locally in San Diego that would like to sign up with me?

Im definitely putting in for the draw! If my buddy can't go (I'll find out tomorrow) I'll be looking for a partner too ...dano and surfnhunt.

Just entered me and my 15 year daughter. Would love to have a freezer full of pork! Thanks for posting this!

Hey hey hey. I signed up my self and my step son. I'm pretty sure no one else an sign up. Pretty sure it's closed since I put my name in. Please let every one else in the state know. ;D

I've been checking every month or two, but there's never any updated info. Maybe they haven't done it yet? Or they're only notifying winners?

A good friend of mine got drawn and his hunt is in March

Its a semi Guided hunt but it will be fun, since I am a member up there I am going to tag along with him to help him and his wife tag out.

If anyone else was drawn and is doing this hunt just let me know if you need any info/help.

As i said i will be there but I will be happy to point you in the right direction so you can start planning.

and listen to the guides, they know their shit...

Breacher said:
There's a hunting report on another site. Pretty sure this is over with.

Now that I think about it, you had to put in dates and mine where in January. I was so sure I would win. Dang!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu