Ceviche recipe

Funny you said that Fred. Deany and I were just saying how much we missed the cooking sessions we use to do. Would love to do some cioppino. So something to think about when you have time to come down.

It was just some pacific cod. But it was super fresh and perfect for ceviche.
Thanks for that John, I will come down when my obligations are done. Cioppiono would be great, I found a site back east that supplies authentic exported ingredients like San Marzano canned tomatoes and sicialian spices. It would make for a great evening. BTW make sure you give fresh cod a good soak in lime as they can have parasites that can make life unpleasent.

Oh forgot to post the desert. American style homemade chocolate chip & pecan cookies. Amazing meal for sure!

View attachment 55054
The only true chocolate chip cookies are from America..I dont care what anyone says or thinks!! Merica!

That ceviche looked killer btw..you never let us down with your recipes! I want some cookies and milk now..

Ceviche update. Got the wife to make it which was my goal from the start. I gave her the recipes above and let her hybridize. We only had a poblano which added no heat so I added some sriracha. No ketchup but she did add tomatoes. It was actually really good, we'll probably try the cucumber next time for texture and use some serranos.
Also, had some "authentic" ceviche from a Peruvian kitchen this weekend which is in the photo. Big shrimp, potatoes and corn were a surprise but it was good. Pic below is that version.

.ceviche.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was inspired to make ceviche tonight for dinner.

First things first. Everyone's recipes look great. I make it my way, so I don't care if it is original, authentic, Mexican style or apparently, the only way - Peruvian style.

Fresh caught cod
Fresh limes
Jalepeno
Habanero
Serrano
Radish
Green onion
Red onion
Seeded cucumber
Seeded tomatoe
Cilantro
Chopped garlic
Avocado
Kosher salt (not table salt, not Himalayan salt) 8^)

Soaked the cubed cod in fresh squeezed lime juice for an hour.

Drained the cod (did not rinse) and mixed all ingredients together.

Mayo on crispi corn tortillas and Tapatio drips

Nobody complained.

View attachment 55053
That looks really good. Hey I never said one couldn't make it's own..lol. Good for you for using Kosher salt.

You haven't lived till you've ate civeche out of a white van in Calexico mid summer from someone who doesn't speak the english. Haha
That is probably true because when you are about to die after eating ceviche from a Van in Calexico you really know you were alive. ..lol. Actually, my biggest fear when eating in Mexico is not in ingesting bad fish but rather bad shellfish or bad chicken ,then you got serious problems.

One time, we had to cut our fishing trip short because my buddy got a really bad case of food poisoning from eating a chicken dish. I literally had to take him to the nearest clinic which was about 3 hrs away..I thought he was going to pass out in the car. Looking back watching your buddy crapping his pants and puking at the same time is kind of funny, not so much at the time.

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu