Check this out on the Salton Sea.

I've read a few books about the sea.... it was formed in 1905 when a diversion dam failed that rerouted the Colorado river. It took them 2 or 3 years to stop the flow of water into the sea. Supposedly turned into a vacation destination for the Hollywood elite in its heyday.

My dad used to take us camping there in the 70's. In the late 70's I used to fish out of Red Hill... float tubing casting Lunker lures (swim bait) and Thin Fins for 10-25 pound Corvinas. I have a few pics I'll have to dig up. The good ol' days. Ed F

Where the hell is Valley Center going to get water for 300 new homes?...Lake Henshaw?...It's a shadow of it's original size...:confused:

Reactions: jth
Speaking of the Salton Sea, apparently an F-35 went down near there today after bumping into a tanker during refueling. An offroader caught it on video.. anyone know exactly where it went down? The F-35 pilot punched out safely and the tanker landed wheels up in a row crop field somewhere I hear.

Holly Road west of the restrooms.
Anza Borrego, TDS area.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu