Checkin out the site

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
Not really sure how I've never heard of this site until recently. Been hunting in San Diego/ Imperial Counties for the last 18 years. Anyway, seems like a cool site. I spend some time on TOF as well. Thought I'd post a picture of a bear I killed this year on a backpack bowhunt up north. Spotted him about a half mile from our camp. Was able to stalk within 52 yards of him and sunk and arrow in him. My first bear. Used to rifle hunt but was recently diagnosed with a disease caused by the "archery bug".

Attachments

• website picture.jpg
    website picture.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 138
  • website picture 2.jpg
    website picture 2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 136
  • website picture 3.jpg
    website picture 3.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 147
Welcome to the site. It looks like you got the right stuff. I too was diagnosed with the disease caused by the "archery bug” back in 2003. This time of year it really flares up. I find it helps to get outdoors often, go on long hikes, climb trees, and eat red meat. We have a support group here for others suffering from the same affliction. We meet every weekend in the A22 area.

Great looking Bear. He looks like he would make book easy. Are you in CBH?

Are you signed up for the big buck contest?

BuckHunter said:
Great looking Bear. He looks like he would make book easy. Are you in CBH?

Are you signed up for the big buck contest?

Yep, a member of CBH. I'm in contact with a local measurer for my bear and buck from last year. Here is my a-22 buck from last year. Not in the big buck contest. If I read it correctly I needed to sign up before the season started. I have A-22 and AO tags. Am I too late?

Attachments

• tof photo for sch 2.jpg
    tof photo for sch 2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 129
  • TOF photo for SCH.jpg
    TOF photo for SCH.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 130
welcome aboard and that's some great work. You should share those pics in the general sections in the photos topic. That is some impressive stuff.

Not sure. I think you’re right about the contest.

A22 and AO…………. I like your commitment to the bow. That’s a great buck. I shot the same style buck in 2010. They could be related. I'm guessing your's is about 93 inches Net? Was I close?

Attachments

• Buck 1.JPG
    Buck 1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • Buck 2.JPG
    Buck 2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
HA! I'd say those bucks are brothers. Not sure what he scores. I will do that when I get my bear skull measured. What is minimum score for CBH?

They even have the same shade of red lipstick on.

80 inches for Pacific Hybrid bucks and 16 inches for bears. If you have the bear scull you can do a rough score yourself with two bookends. You measure how long and how wide and add them together.

I think that buck might qualify for CBH. I shot another buck in 2010 that is very similar. I'll post a picture when I get home. I already roughed scored the bear skull it its about 20". I think its a 60 day drying period then I'll have him officially scored.

Here is my 2010 archery buck. both my bucks taken within 300 yards of each other. All three of those bucks look like they have the same genetics.

Attachments

• IMG_5516 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_5516 (640x480).jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 112
breacher said:
Here is my 2010 archery buck. both my bucks taken within 300 yards of each other. All three of those bucks look like they have the same genetics.

Dude! Your bear will score very high in the CBH book if it's in the 20 inch range! That will also make P&Y and B&C!

Your bucks will both make it with ease.

Nice job on the bear. Like Lungpopper said you don't hear many stories of spot and stalk bears and at 20" that is a monster for an archery black bear.

Its been a while....just got the 3x3 buck and my bear skull officially scored. Buck is 88 and change. The bear is 20 2/16". Both were measured for CBH.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu