Chukar hunting partner

SteveHazard

Oct 24, 2018
My buddy that went with me last time has family stuff to attend to this weekend...
I'm going this weekend either by myself or if somebody else is stupid enough to scale chukar terrain they're welcome to join.

Got a good spot but if somebody else wants to come out I'm inclined to try a new one together or a spot they had in mind.
I want somebody that has chukar hunted before, nobody that doesn't understand what they are undertaking here.
Be in good shape or able to push yourself. Should be capable of going 15 miles in chukar terrain in a day. Not that I usually go that far but on occasion I have.

I'm out in Northridge with a Tacoma 4x. Should be out both days.

<Crickets> ...

BTW: To show love for you taking me out for Dove and then Quail those times man... I'm gonna IM you a spot that has good amount of Quail, and Ground Squirrels, and Occasionally you can call a coyote in if you invest some effort to hike further up and to just below the crest of the main Ridge.

My buddy that went with me last time has family stuff to attend to this weekend...
I'm going this weekend either by myself or if somebody else is stupid enough to scale chukar terrain they're welcome to join.

Got a good spot but if somebody else wants to come out I'm inclined to try a new one together or a spot they had in mind.
I want somebody that has chukar hunted before, nobody that doesn't understand what they are undertaking here.
Be in good shape or able to push yourself. Should be capable of going 15 miles in chukar terrain in a day. Not that I usually go that far but on occasion I have.

I'm out in Northridge with a Tacoma 4x. Should be out both days.

I have not hunted chukars yet. Would be very interested in doing it though...I can hike the terrain and distance no problem and live in Encino.
Unfortunately I can not commit this weekend but feel free to hit me up in the future.

So two days in a row... wow yeah I had half the energy I did yesterday. Should of ate way more before going out again today.
Didn't go after them as hard today but still hit a double on the way down, but lost one of them :(. I wonder if it was crippled and ran because it didn't go down in an area I thought would be that hard to find. Still got the other one. I feel like I've come so far in hunting these birds this year really getting a feel for what they like to do in this area.

Still going to want more people to come out for next year so will have to set things up and scout out more good spots.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu