Chukar!

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Me and my buddy got a few chukar today. I should of had my limit, but my shot was pretty bad haha. Sorry no pics :/

Way to chime in an stay connected with us Taft. Glad to see that someone got some chukar this year!

NBK said:
Way to chime in an stay connected with us Taft. Glad to see that someone got some chukar this year!

Thanks! I've shot only like 10 this year. Not a whole lot of birds down here this year for some reason.

Snake Charmer said:
Congrats, looks and sounds like a great place to live and hunt.

Trust me, if you lived here you would say otherwise haha. The deer up here don't have the genetics to grow big horns, which kind of sucks. But I am fortunate, left my house at 6:05 got back around 6:40 to skin my deer.

Big antlers aren't everything. They are an added bonus! You seem to have everything else up there. Even if the deer aren't to big! Congrats

Ajsnack said:
Big antlers aren't everything. They are an added bonus! You seem to have everything else up there. Even if the deer aren't to big! Congrats
I know haha. I'll shoot 13" wide forkies every year if had to. We do haha, just takes a loooot of work to get them. We hunted over 30 days and only killed 2 bucks, which were the only legal ones. But we did see 14 different spikes (one over 13" wide) so next year will be good. Just waiting for July haha 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu