claw sling thoughts

U

uplandfam

I have been offered to purchase as many claw slings for $10.00 directly from the company as i want. does any one have any first hand opinions on quake claw slings?

http://www.quakeinc.com/

thanks all.

Re: claw sling thaoughts

Nope never tried one. Which one are you looking to buy? Are you going to resale? I'd being willing to buy one from you and test it.
mc

No im not really thinking of resale ( but id be glad to order some for people) What got this started was looking for a good sling that was light comfortable affordable and decent quality for my wife's rifle. I came accross the quake site but all there slings have the plastic swivel sown on. I emailed and asked if they had any with out the swivel since my wifes swivels are attached to the gun. He said he had some non boxed brand new slings he could sell that had not been sown on that he would sell for 10 bucks he has black and camo green. However even though its a good price my dad wants one and i could use a new one so i dont want to waste 30 bucks if they suck.

This is it but with out the swivel

http://www.quakeinc.com/Store-View.php?id=317

Ive been looking around for a new sling too. If you are going to buy some shoot me a pm.

you got it where in cali are you im in the san fernado valley near the 5 118 and 210 area
I might call them tomorrow what color did you want if they have a choice green or black.

Im in san Diego. I'll take 2 black ones. Im hoping they'll fit in a small flat rate box.
thanks.

We have a few on various long guns in our group. They work well and definitely hold your gun in place. I'd recommend them. Especially for that price

If I get to it tomorrow ill order them. I'll just need paypal

Thx hallx7 I'll try them out

I have two of the claw contour model. One has a swivel that uses metal and plastic components and the other has a swivel that is all metal. Make sure you get the ones with all metal swivels.

Thax I ordered 3. These don't have any swivels I don't like the idea of plastic? I ordered them at 12 and they are already picked up by ups. I'll let you know how they do.

sorry they were on east coat time so i had to get the order in today. i will post a small review with picts when i get them and if able post the number for others to order them with out the swivels for 10 bucks. they did end of adding S&H so its 13 total but still not a bad deal if they are good slings. stay tuned.

happy hunting

I like mine. Just make sure you are always checking to be sure they are tight. I have found the allen bolt on the plastic ones to come loose. I now carry the allen wrench on my pack.

Great thanks since these don't have the swivel and I'm using my old ones I'm hoping the rest of the sling is as good as people say.

Sling Update,
Just wanted to pass along that hese are pretty nice slings for 13 bucks shipped. I got 2 black ones and a camo green the green matches my custom painted guns perfectly they DO NOT slip AT ALL. non no slip with a cotton shirt a hunting jacket or my gortex rain jacket. they are evne long enough to use as a front hung 2 point tactical sling. They even pass my wife standards for light, comfortable and easy to use.

they are the older style tear drop shape and not the squarish V shape of the new ones. I like this style better anyway.

uplandfam said:
Sling Update,
Just wanted to pass along that hese are pretty nice slings for 13 bucks shipped. I got 2 black ones and a camo green the green matches my custom painted guns perfectly they DO NOT slip AT ALL. non no slip with a cotton shirt a hunting jacket or my gortex rain jacket. they are evne long enough to use as a front hung 2 point tactical sling. They even pass my wife standards for light, comfortable and easy to use.

they are the older style tear drop shape and not the squarish V shape of the new ones. I like this style better anyway.
I know it's been a couple weeks since you originally posted this but is it too late to order a green one for $10. And how would I pay?

Sent from my iPhone

Call Dakota at claw slings customer service. He was great at helping me with this and said it is ok to have others just call him now that i got mine. ask for a "customer service sling for $10 + $3 for S&H

this is the sling type but with no swivels of any kind steel or plastic and they only have Black or camo green

http://www.quakeinc.com/Store-View.php?id=328

I hope they work out for any one that buys them

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu